Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gregory Curtis
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heyas all. Just received my copy of Blue Moon yesterday and last night my son and I sat down to our first games. Here is our quick session report.

Courtesy of Shannona

So we crack the game open and go over the instructions. They are well organized for the most part and give good gameplay examples. We were confused on a few things for our first game but after a few back and forths with the rules we got it all hammered out.

So our first real game I was playing Hoax and my son Vulca. The thing I noticed was it seemed in general he was able to push his totals much higher then I was in most cases. In the Vulca deck there is some card that allows him to double a characters value and for some reason he always seems to get that at the perfect time.

I realize in the Hoax deck there is a card that doubles an earth value but never seemed to get it to be useful.

On our first game he was able to win by one dragon.

On our second game I got a bad draw of cards about midway. I had all non character cards so I had to dump 2 turns in a row to get character cards to be able to play. Even then I would get maybe 2 and then he would just outlast me since he knew I was short and having to draw.

So basically we had 2.5 games (counting the first learning game as a half) and Vulca onw them all. Tonight we plan to switch decks and play a few more.

The mechanics seems fun. Sorta reminded us of just a faster and simplified MTG clone. The cards are very nice though with great artwork.

The mechanics seem pretty sound so far but will have to play more games to get a real feel for it. Im suspect of how many combinations so to speak you can pull out of cards since your replacing your character every turn. But look forward to giving the game several more play sessions to figure it all out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls