Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Smith
United Kingdom
Pimlico
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IGUK is an online option and very very reliable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rich steed
United Kingdom
Stoke-On-Trent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Burningchrome wrote:
Shire Games - 15, Hope Street, Hanley, Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, ST1 5BT. Really great service and a large selection of games to choose from. Good online site as well - www.shiregames.com with a fast turnaround.

The owners do an Essen run every year so will often have the latest releases available before they hit the UK main distributors.
Another vote here for Shire games - Nick and Sue are really nice people and they have the best range of games I've seen in any game shop.

Plus they run 2 games nights every week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob taylor
England
bingley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Maracaibo fanMicrobadge: Battlestar Galactica fanMicrobadge: StarCraft: Brood War fan - Terran ValkyrieMicrobadge: Brass: Birmingham fanMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars fan
I buy all my games form iguk....infinity games...super fast delivery even from 2nd class post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United Kingdom
Keighley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used the http://www.maddisongames.co.uk/ shop a couple of times and cannot fault their service. Very prompt shipping (even at Christmas).

Is there a good index of trustworthy online UK sites, particularly those that stock GMT Games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Cocks
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Plus one from me regards Leisure Games. Also I've recently discovered Eclectic Games in Reading...like the Finchley crew very knowledgeable and an extensive range too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ackroyd
United Kingdom
Brighton
E Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This geeklist contains details of online stores in the UK and across Europe and polls rating them:

The Good, the Bad, and the OLGS: Rate the Online Game Stores - Europe Edition
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United Kingdom
Bradford on Avon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not exactly near you but there is a small shop called Gamers' Guild in Redhill (just S of the M25, near M23 down to Brighton) that seems to have a reasonable selection - no experience of them though as I've only started getting into board games after moving away from there!

http://www.thegamersguild.co.uk/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ackroyd
United Kingdom
Brighton
E Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The great "FLGS of the world" mapping project - add UK FLGS:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/426844

Heres the Google Map:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=1044751952...

You may need to login to a Google Account, not sure, but you edit by clicking "Collaborate" and then clicking on the Blue Drop to add a location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Harvey
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Duncan H wrote:
I've been really bereft of a decent Game shop since Bishop Games in Coventry closed down. I still miss it, and feel sad each time I walk past the empty shop cry

I've been looking for a decent alternative shop since then, as I do like to go to an actual shop, rather than just buy online. I don't mind travelling, but it's hard to know which places are worth going to.

From this thread it looks as though Shire Games in Stafford might be worth a visit.

Anyone else recommend any other shops in the midlands area: Stafford to Oxford north/south area?
I know what you mean, im from Nuneaton and I used to love popping into Bishop games for a wee chat about Magic, while my friend drooled over the mass amounts of board games tempting him to part with his cash :/

Only board game shop i've been to since is Wayland's Forge, where me and my friend popped in. The staff let you look at your own thing without the whole "Anything I can help you with?" thing.

But after a lot of looking around my friend decided to just buy something for £1, which the man who served him seemed to be slightly annoyed about, which prompted me to make the comment "Ah well, guess we will have to come back when its pay day" just to try and lighten the mood before leaving.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Card
United Kingdom
Didcot
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
There's The Gameskeeper in Oxford, on the Cowley Road. Small shop, good selection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  |