7 Posts

Blue Moon» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Blue Moon - Me versus dad rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D. M.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! I'm writing about Blue Moon, an awesome card game. My dad and I have many types of decks like Terrah, Khind, Flit, Mimix, Buka Invasion,Vulca, and Haox.
Me and my dad played this game and we both won twice. The first deck I used was the Flit and My dad used Mimix. I didn't like the Flit because they don't have any good character cards with good fire or earth. At first i forgot how to play this game but after the first round I remembered. For the second round I used Terrah and my dad used the Flit. He won that one. The third round he won because he used the Khind and I used the Terrah. The Terrah are strong at Earth that is why I like them, but dad used Khind because they are all gangs, so if you have character cards with the same gang symbol in your hand they add up with each other when you play them and you have to beat the amount that they add up to. I think this game is very good game and so will you if you try.

The stuff I really like:
1. The variety of decks of cards.
2. I liked the art on the cards.
3. You can only have 2 players to play and I like that because me and dad can only play this card game.
4. It doesn’t take very long to play this game.
5. You get an extra chance if the other player has all the dragons to bring one of the dragons back in.

If you have any questions ask me or Quijanoth. Bye.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quijanoth
United States
Crown Point
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the Khind. Nothing like four gangers in your combat area at the same time.
We did have a rule problem during our last game, though. There was a Pillar card that said I had to "discard cards that total 3 Earth". Grim and I were confused about whether I had to discard all of my cards that had 3 Earth or if I had to discard a single card with 3 Earth or if I had to discard more than one card whose added Earth totals equaled 3 Earth.
In the end, we decided that "cardS" wasn't the operative word on the card, but that "total" was the important bit. So, I discarded one character card with 3 Earth on it. Don't know if it was the right solution, but it seemed to work.
Overall, was a great session. Grim is pretty dang good at Blue Moon. Nice session report, son.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arden Nelson Jr.
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grimpick, I've never played the game. Could you list your favorite the decks in order from your favorite to your least favorite? Also, if you could say why like or don't like that deck it would be helpful. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. M.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure. Just give me a little while to put it together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mika Luoma-aho
Finland
Rovaniemi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BM is a great game. Sad to see them pull its plug.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. M.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
my number 1 favorite deck is the terrah because they have alot of earth power so the other player has to have the same amount. My 2nd is the Haox because they have alot of fire. My third is The Vulca because they have very cool art on their cards. My fourth is the Khind because they are all gangs symbols. My fifth is the Flit because they aren't cool only if you know how to play them correctley. My sixth is the Buka Invasion because they make you do an extra rule of the game so there are my favs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quijanoth wrote:
There was a Pillar card that said I had to "discard cards that total 3 Earth". Grim and I were confused about whether I had to discard all of my cards that had 3 Earth or if I had to discard a single card with 3 Earth or if I had to discard more than one card whose added Earth totals equaled 3 Earth.
In the end, we decided that "cardS" wasn't the operative word on the card, but that "total" was the important bit. So, I discarded one character card with 3 Earth on it. Don't know if it was the right solution

It was.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls