Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
these are my overtexts and
badge
now I am without geek gold :(
mbmbmbmbmb
Is anyone in smithers I am heading there for work for a week and would like to meet up for a game. Also does anyone know of any game stores there, I suspect there may be none but just checking
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Witt
Canada
Smithers
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On main street, Big Smiles has a decent selection of games - nothing thrilling if you are a Geek, but decent (wife works there infrequently). Just off of Main - i think on First Street (ask someone on the street to send you towards the Old Church - its the same street) - is Nexus Games. I haven't been there in a while, but they claimed to be increasing their selection (just opened recently, and focus seemed to be on those *electronic* things).

If you have any other questions, email me at dwitt@alumni.sfu.ca (i don't often check my geek mail, but you could try that too).

(what's work? if you are coming for Gov work, we may bump into each other...)

cheers,

dw
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J H
United States
Billings and Bozeman
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Newell
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad I checked in here for info. Stopped at both Big Smiles and Nexus. Picked up games at both stores! Guy at Nexus seemed really surprised that I found him via BGG.

I was a little shocked at the selection of games at Big Smiles. It had more there than I was expecting. I was very pleased with the pricing at Nexus. He doesn't have much but he does have the more popular games and some nice prices.

All in all it was a successful trip out west. Now to tell the wife I picked up some more games....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls