Subject: Custom Build - Settlers of Catan 3D rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fola Tam
Greece
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

I started making it few months ago! Not that I feel crazy about this game (I would rather card game) but I thought: Why not? I rather felt it like a challenge, whether I was able to materialize it or not.

I used no molds of cast plaster or other such element at its making. Each piece was made one by one and no hex resembles another.

I made more than the needed pieces of the basic game so that I can have its expansions, e.g. the rivers resembling the Amazon with its wild vegetation and the large rocks. Or the many hexagons with the dark blue (full of iodine) sea the waves of which break wildly on the sand (leaving wakes).

Some of the pictures have been shot closely so some imperfections might be discerned but they are scarcely seen by "naked" eye!

Nevertheless I think I will not keep it for myself. As I said before I perceived it as a structural challenge rather than as a game. Since I have constructed it I think I have accomplished my target. So it is for sale. I will soon put an ad here at the site.

• [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. Just wow. Wish I was rich… right now I don't have a penny.

But five deserts? That seems harsh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aww, those sheep are too cute :laugh:

Now you'll have to make your own bits, because those nondescript blocks of wood just won't look right with all that detail!

And what about the number chits? Do they just rest on top?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Spencer
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy shit. surprise

I think you just won BoardGameGeek. You are the winner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Brown
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Masterful work, really beautiful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey McNabb
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is freakin' amazing! What an absolute inspiration! Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
Netherlands
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that is really gorgeous!!! Such detail and creativity! I imagine that it was a lot of fun to work on. So, how about writing a tutorial for us "crafty" people so we could give it a go. I've never worked with things like this, but it looks like it would be a lot of fun! So, what did you do with it? Give as a gift, keep it, or sell it? I don't think that I would be able to part with it after so many hours going into it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fola Tam
Greece
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Marketplace: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekstore.php3?action=viewitem&...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tamim A.
United States
California
flag msg tools
Absolutely gorgeous work! Any chance of sharing with us what materials/techniques you used? I would really love to try my hand at making a custom set but I don't know where to begin and with what materials.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Williamson
United States
flag msg tools
wow that is cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Richardson

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmb
How much did it sell for?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.