Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
125 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 

BGG» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: Fire & Ice Con (Manitowoc, WI) no-ship math trade discussion thread - Closed. Final results posted on page 1 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Treasure those you love...
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Fire & Ice Con (Manitowoc, WI) no-ship math trade discussion thread - Want list deadline is 10pm!
diehard4life wrote:
I was out sick today. I've been run through the ringer of the worst case of stomach flu that I have ever had.

I've certainly lost about 10 pounds overnight, and wasn't able to do much more than prop myself up until now.

Yuck.... there are far better ways to lose weight.

It makes me feel much better about my heavy cold. Compared to this, it's nothing.

I hope you feel better soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Stevens
United States
Oshkosh
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Fire & Ice Con (Manitowoc, WI) no-ship math trade discussion thread - Want list deadline is 10pm!
Superhawk2300 wrote:
I've been sick since Tueday night. I just got an email from my mom that my nephew was admitted to the hospital for the same thing we got last weekend.

I barely got my list in, and with horrible mistakes that our gracious host fixed for me. I will lead a rousing round of "He's a jolly good Fellow" at the con - everyone please join in.

I fear there is something going around.
Yikes. Maybe I'll be staying home this weekend.

As for your list, I'm telling ya, taking the time to read up on the want list generator is time well spent!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Seriously, I pray that none of you get what I have. It's humiliating and excruciating, and I have body aches of an intense sort, and a fever over 103, which has resulted in violent shaking and chills.

I detest missing work, but I couldn't get out of bed for anything other than nature calling, until 4:30pm.

Now I have decided that 36 hours in bed is just a bit more than I can bear, so I have bundled and propped myself up at my downstairs computer.

I must try and sleep tonight. WARNING: Gory details below:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
I've made 30 trips to the toilet, each time experiencing the explosive diarrhea which South Park has made famous.

But five of those trips resulted in picking up a bucket and projectile vomiting at the same time. It was worse than I have ever experienced as far as puking goes, I kept getting the solid vomit stuck in my throat as I tried to exercise the demon.

And what's shameful is that I haven't always made it to the porcelain bus in time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Stevens
United States
Oshkosh
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
diehard4life wrote:
WARNING: Gory details below:

I've made 30 trips to the toilet, each time experiencing the explosive diarrhea which South Park has made famous.

But five of those trips resulted in picking up a bucket and projectile vomiting at the same time. It was worse than I have ever experienced as far as puking goes, I kept getting the solid vomit stuck in my throat as I tried to exercise the demon.

And what's shameful is that I haven't always made it to the porcelain bus in time.
Whoa. I was pretty sick a few months ago. Somewhat similar to your experience but, um, no where near as bad as that. I was wondering, as I slept in front of the toilet trying to save myself valuable dash time, if this type of stuff just hits us harder as we get older.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Philipp
United States
Muskego
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. I feel for you man. That makes my cold quite easy to bear.

I had a run of exactly whatever you had a few months ago. Dr. gave me diphenoxylate / atropine tablets and they stopped the ordeal in less than a day (once I was able to keep fluids in).

Oh yeah, and some Levaquin anti-biotic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Philipp
United States
Muskego
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No fear Looper. I stayed home today in bed and I feel much better. I went to the doc and he said I don;t have a fever so I just have a cold that is running its course. I probably have not been contagious for a few days and no wmy body is just purging itself of snot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info about prescriptions. If I am not better by tomorrow afternoon, I will be going to see a doctor.

I've been partially able to keep fluids in. But I am making sure to take some immodium and drink propel.

I'm heading off to bed now again. I am not sure when I will be back online, so feel free to send me trade offers if any of y'all have trades with me after results post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know how to contact Heath?

The one cool thing about the results as the stand is that I think everyone's making at least one trade (other than Heath, of course).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right now it's a toss-up between Al and Brent as to who can tweak their lists the most...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Stevens
United States
Oshkosh
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anglotiger wrote:
Does anyone know how to contact Heath?

The one cool thing about the results as the stand is that I think everyone's making at least one trade (other than Heath, of course).
I saw him online a few minutes ago - but I am not sure about calling him at this hour of the evening. I don't know if he's got a no-call thing going on after a certain period.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Quote:
Right now it's a toss-up between Al and Brent as to who can tweak their lists the most...

blush

Well I feel a little better knowing that I'm not alone (sorry Jack).

For me it's not a matter of 'Do I want that?', but rather 'What am I willing to give up for that?'.

I'm on the fence about a few things which probably won't end up trading anyway. I don't know whay I bother sometimes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aksosa wrote:
Quote:

blush

Well I feel a little better knowing that I'm not alone (sorry Jack).

For me it's not a matter of 'Do I want that?', but rather 'What am I willing to give up for that?'.

I'm on the fence about a few things which probably won't end up trading anyway. I don't know whay I bother sometimes.
There's no need to apologize. You're using the OLWLG, so it wouldn't be any more work for me if I didn't have this damned compulsion to know how things are going...

Then again, your last update did cost me two trades...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Gallmann
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anglotiger wrote:
Have to keep you guessing....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
D Erasmus wrote:
anglotiger wrote:
Have to keep you guessing....
You have 13 minutes if you want to preserve the mystery.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Fire & Ice Con (Manitowoc, WI) no-ship math trade discussion thread - Closed. Results coming soon.
It'll be a few minutes here. We had FOUR people make updates in the last nine minutes...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Philipp
United States
Muskego
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Fire & Ice Con (Manitowoc, WI) no-ship math trade discussion thread - Closed. Results coming soon.
Math trade AP.........

While everyone is waiting - how about clicking this Thumbs Up on this post to acknoledge the awesome job Jack has done with this trade!

Huzzah! Jack is the Man!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Bishop
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Green Bay Packers fanMicrobadge: I am related to Monkeys!Microbadge: Doctor Who fanMicrobadge: PhotographerMicrobadge: Atari fan
Superhawk2300 wrote:
Math trade AP.........

While everyone is waiting - how about clicking this Thumbs Up on this post to acknoledge the awesome job Jack has done with this trade!

Huzzah! Jack is the Man!
I have to see the results before I give a thumbs up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Game Explainer
Best of luck getting well... you are in our thoughts.

Some years ago, I went to a big tournament where a dozen or so of us stayed in a house together. One jackass was coming down with what you have... and he quickly gave it to the rest of us. I was throwing up in a snow bank outside in subzero weather because there was no room left in the house with everyone suffering the same way. I slept for a day. Exhaustion, nausea, the whole thing... very nasty! And from the sound of it, you're going through the same thing.

So, my sympathies. Be careful to monitor your health closely - you have a dangerous illness and can easily become dehydrated or worse. Try to get fluids... and best of luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Results are posted on page 1.

Please remember to check the want lists by noon tomorrow to make sure I didn't make a mistake when cutting and pasting your wants into the master list.

Note that errors by you won't invalidate the results. I will rerun them only if you can point out that I've made a cut & paste error.

Do NOT send trade requests through BGG until then please.

The "big winner" is Karl, with 12 trades. Brent and I managed eight apiece.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My preliminary trades:

Hacienda for Cuba - Just me oiling the wheels to facilitate trades - there's no shipping, so where's the harm? I already have Cuba, so this one will go up for trade.

Oasis for Pandemic - Same here. This one will go up for trade. Although I am missing two red cubes if anyone has any spares...

Taluva for Yspahan - And again. This one will be up for trade too.

Spore for Santiago and San Juan - Even more oil. Let's talk if you want these.

Bohnanza for Carcassonne: Hunters and Gatherers - You're welcome Larry... I'm pleasantly surprised someone put this on their wants, in spite of its age. As I was the only person to put one of Larry's items on any of my wants, Matt, you helped get Larry involved. Again, I already own this, so if anyone wants it...

Soccer Tactics World for Galactic Destiny - I'm not sure about GD, but ST wasn't getting played and so it was time to find it a loving home. I still have StreetSoccer and Subbuteo if I need a 2-player soccer game.

Bump in the Night for Ticket to Ride: Märklin - Now we get to the trades I really like. BITN was kind of fun (although it can end very suddenly), but I've been really curious about TTR:ME - I've heard from several people that it's their favourite of the TTR series.

The Scepter of Zavandor for Witch's Brew and Augsburg 1520 - For a game that I like, I seem to trade SoZ a lot. I think that's three times now. But Bill and I game together regularly and he owns it, while no-one in our group owns either of these and I'm curious about both.

All good trades - even if some of them are just good in that they allowed other trades to happen.

If you want anything I mentioned above as being for trade, or something of mine that didn't trade, feel free to ask...

By the way - if you wanted Buffy and were disappointed to see it get a blank list, it's because I don't have it yet and could not trade it on until I had a good look at it. Let me know if you want to work out a trade for it and I'll let you know when I have it in hand.

That's it - off to bed now...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Stevens
United States
Oshkosh
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Fire & Ice Con (Manitowoc, WI) no-ship math trade discussion thread - Closed. Preliminary results posted on page 1
I understand now why math trades kick so much ass. Sorry to be so blunt but I am pretty happy with my results. Woo!

Thanks again, Jack!

Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Myers
United States
Salem
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Fire & Ice Con (Manitowoc, WI) no-ship math trade discussion thread - Closed. Preliminary results posted on page 1
anglotiger wrote:
Oasis for Pandemic - Same here. This one will go up for trade. Although I am missing two red cubes if anyone has any spares...
I have a couple of Red cubes, that I could spare. I bought several batches of different colors from Eaglegames.net and I do not think that I will miss a couple of Red ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Chellman
United States
New Berlin
WI
flag msg tools
mbmb
diehard4life wrote:

So, this is kind of OT, but I once had really bad food poisoning. My bathroom got all dirty because I didn't have a bucket handy... Anyway, I did some research online, and the best foods for getting you back in shape when you have such problems is part of the acronym BRAT.

BRAT stands for Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, and Toast. Once you're able to eat something (and I know how hungry you are) start with these foods. I don't remember exactly why they work, but they worked for me!

Hope you feel better soon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Chellman
United States
New Berlin
WI
flag msg tools
mbmb
I, like the few who've posted so far, am also really happy with my trades.

Sending Arkadia and receiving Bohnanza. Feel pretty good about this one and I think I can get some nongamers into it (Yes!!!)

Sending Basari and receiving Catan. Friends of mine continue to ask for this...

Sending Nexus Ops and receiving 1960: The Making of the President. I love Nexus Ops, but I haven't been able to play it much lately, and I've wanted 1960 since it was released, so I'm pretty stoked about this one.

Sending Heroscape Master Set: Rise of the Valkyrie and receiving Condottiere, Saga, Slide 5, and Relationship Tightrope. This is funny. I traded Relationship tightrope along with Basari, and now I'm getting it back again...oh well. I'm very happy about Condottiere and Slide 5 though.

If anybody is interested in Blokus, Oasis, Beowulf: The Movie Board Game, or Talisman (Revised 4th Edition), please let me know. I'm very interested in moving a few more games.

And three cheers for Jack for running this awesome math trade!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the kind offer of the red cubes Tim. Are you coming to F&I or using a proxy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   |