Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aubrey Miles
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be vacationing in Vegas next week, and I'd love to bring home a new game as a souvenir!

Any locals or those familiar with the area? I was wondering if there are any good stores, or recommendations on who I should shop with.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Gottesman
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IMO, just about the only really good store is Little Shop of Magic at the corner of Flamingo and Buffalo, behind the Walgreens in a strip mall. They have a lot of Euros and more standard fare like Risk 2210 AD or WoW Boardgame and family games, too. They also have a lot of CCGs and miniatures, too.

There is a group that games there regularly on Saturday nights. If you're around, come join us!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aubrey Miles
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, I'll only be in the area from Tuesday through Friday, but I'm adding that shop to my itinerary right now!

It's a funny thing isn't it? Taking a trip so you can shop for the same things you shopped for at home? But finding a good store atmosphere makes up for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also recommend Hobbytown USA on the corner of Sahara and Decatur. You wont find any deals, mind you, but they do have a surprisingly decent selection of boardgames.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joshuaaaaaa wrote:
Little Shop of Magic at the corner of Flamingo and Buffalo, behind the Walgreens in a strip mall.

I've been living here for 6 years and somehow I've missed this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Gottesman
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maynard77 wrote:
I would also recommend Hobbytown USA on the corner of Sahara and Decatur. You wont find any deals, mind you, but they do have a surprisingly decent selection of boardgames.

I was in there a couple of weeks ago. Their selection is pretty much overlapped by LSoM, and LSoM has a lot more. There were a few things I saw at Hobbytown USA that they didn't have at LSoM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's what google maps has for "Games & Game supplies" category in Vegas

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=...

It lists both the hobbytown and LSoM, and others (some are computer games like EB games, and there's at least 1 comic book store (they sometimes have games) in the first page of hits. Oh yeah and a Barnes and Noble, I think there's some sale or coupons for that or something.

Edit: bleh, the BGG URL tag can't deal with the link, so you'll need to copy and paste it

Edit 2: bleh, even the code tag in BGG can't deal with it. Ok fine, tiny url time:

http://tinyurl.com/cuw67t

Note that if you are worried about links going places you don't know, you can goto:
http://tinyurl.com/preview.php
And click to enable the preview. Thats actually a good idea for any tinyurl links, since some people use them to disguise links that you don't actually want to go to. That way tinyurl will tell you the site before you actually go to it anytime you click on a tinyurl link.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls