United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I would be more than willing to send you the files I used. Keep in mind I just did red & green. Send me a GM with your e-mail address and I'll send them along.

And there weren't enough extra slots to make two copies, so each deck had about 10 blanks. I even threw the map tiles onto cards and a components card just to eat up space.

Edit: Next up: Free Trader & my re-design of Bindle Rails!! Then my wife can get really pissed at me!! Yay!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I don't play to win - I play for enjoyment and social interaction.
mbmbmbmbmb
When you say 54 designs, does that mean 54 different cards or 54 cards with the same image? Does anyone know if they ship to Australia?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anomander64 wrote:
When you say 54 designs, does that mean 54 different cards or 54 cards with the same image? Does anyone know if they ship to Australia?

54 different card images for the fronts. The backs are all the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I just recently had Artscow print me 4 sets of Agricola X-Deck and they turned out wonderfully. Plus I did 6 sets of Free Trader for Christmas presents last year. They are awesome!

Here's a pic of my X Deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
abrannan wrote:
So, what all do we have available to print? I know folks have done Free Trader in the past...

Carthaginian's redesign of Bohnanza?

I am trying to do that one right now but am having trouble getting the cards formatted correctly. His design is tall and skinny and these files need to be "squished" a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
TGov wrote:
abrannan wrote:
So, what all do we have available to print? I know folks have done Free Trader in the past...

I am trying to do that one right now but am having trouble getting the cards formatted correctly. His design is tall and skinny and these files need to be "squished" a bit.
Oh I want that if you get it fixed!!

Also, to all the people that asked for my Island Trader files, I'll zip them up and send them out later today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Neal
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
cold_fuzion wrote:
Edit: Next up: Free Trader & my re-design of Bindle Rails!! Then my wife can get really pissed at me!! Yay!!

I am now drooling. :-)

In the meantime, I went ahead and did a mod for Bindle Rails to see what the cards look like based heavily on the older ugly designs. If the card quality is good enough, I will order about 25-50 decks and self-publish the game. The rest of the stuff I can do

PS - The game is removing the multi-player option, so we have three new 'advanced cards' for a harder game for the event deck.

PS#2 - Thanks Jamie for the links and stuff. If the artwork rocks, I'll have to hit you up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Niezelski
United States
Seymour
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if it would be okay to get the cards from the free Galaxy Trucker: Rough Road Ahead Galaxy Trucker expansion printed up with this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless you are going to sell those cards it should be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW, I just saw an offer for rubber coasters at 0.99$ each. The square one is 3.5'' big. Maybe it'd be nice to make some tile based p'n'p game (like ZIMP). Any other suggestions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
Might almost work for Atolla Modulis (fan expansion for Funkenschlag).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
@TaintedDragonInn
badge
www.TaintedDragonInn.com
mbmbmbmbmb
DuckAndCower wrote:
Does anyone know if it would be okay to get the cards from the free Galaxy Trucker: Rough Road Ahead Galaxy Trucker expansion printed up with this?

Technically, even if its for your own use, it isn't exactly legal.

Its up to you in the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
DuckAndCower wrote:

Did you actually check it out? I'm thinking it is very much legal. From the game page: Galaxy Trucker: Rough Road Ahead is a free web-based expansion. If the publisher intended me to print it at home, I don't see how its different to have it printed this way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
@TaintedDragonInn
badge
www.TaintedDragonInn.com
mbmbmbmbmb
spearjr wrote:
Geosphere wrote:
DuckAndCower wrote:

Did you actually check it out? I'm thinking it is very much legal. From the game page: Galaxy Trucker: Rough Road Ahead is a free web-based expansion. If the publisher intended me to print it at home, I don't see how its different to have it printed this way.

Because a third commercial party is involved. Commercial being the key word. They legally are not supposed to reprint copyright material as they are generating profit off of someone elses work.

Its a tiny distinction that really doesn't matter. Again, its up to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maka wrote:
BTW, I just saw an offer for rubber coasters at 0.99$ each. The square one is 3.5'' big. Maybe it'd be nice to make some tile based p'n'p game (like ZIMP). Any other suggestions?

I wouldn't bother with the coasters. I had some made a while back and the print quality is really fuzzy and didn't come out very vibrant. Think of the old mouse pads you used to get that were rubber. It is that material. It is the only thing I have been disappointed in with AC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TGov wrote:
abrannan wrote:

Which file do you think would look better, the one one on the left or the one on the right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsup - One on the right
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Neal
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Funny, TGov, I pick left. I guess it's now up to you. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't decide which is the problem I hate distorting images like that but at the same time, I hate the excess white space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Neal
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Don't feel bad. I don't like the preview on there at all because they give you the dimensions for the card, but they don't look right. I had to tweak the Bindle Rail deck a fair amount to be assured that it would fit within the target area on each card - about 0.5 cm in some cases to move and juggle things around. This cramped the cards a little bit, so we'll see how it goes. The thing that irks me more is that the preview pane once you get the project still shows different dimensions so you're still not sure what you're going to get.

I'm glad I'm throwing $5.88 instead of $12.00 or so at it to find out, but still. I'm anxious to see what the cards look like once they come in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
what you see IN the editor is what you will get. DO NOT go by the preview they give you when you have finished designing the set. That has been my experience at least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Neal
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Well, I went with it and ignored the end product preview thing - although once you clicked on the final product and then hit the 'Large' button on the preview, it looked like what I thought it should have looked like to begin with.

Still annoying... but slick from a techie perspective that it can be done at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cappello
United States
Pasadena
MD
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Geosphere wrote:
DuckAndCower wrote:

Technically, if its free, then you can make copies legally. When you purchase copywrited material, you are also purchasing the right to make archive copies. This is especially true with music and movies.
The problem arises when you try to pass it off as your own idea or you try to sell/trade said copies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TGov wrote:
TGov wrote:
abrannan wrote:

Which file do you think would look better, the one one on the left or the one on the right.

I GM'd Carthaginian and he prefers the one on the left, as do I after thinking about it. I joked with him that it really is one of the Cardinal sins of a graphic designer to stretch an image. You always hear of art school students OD'ing or other things, but in reality they were executed for stretching out images and using the Comic Sans font in their work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Greer
South Carolina
msg tools
designer
It appears that every time you place an order for 5 decks (yes, I have now spent close to $70 on "free" games), you get a credit for one free deck, AND you get a credit for a free deck (among other things) just for signing up at the site. You still have to play shipping on the decks ($15.97 for three decks), but it's slightly cheaper than the coupon deal.

Any ideas on how long this deal is going to go on? I'm already blowing through my game budget this month on these projects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [11] |