Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Raiderjakk wrote:
We have to talk about something while the decks are being printed and shipped. What was everyone's usual turn around on receiving the decks, anyways?

Jack

About 2 weeks for me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
It has been about 2 weeks for me usually, but this time I am expecting it to take longer with all of these card orders

To that effect I just ordered 10 12x18 prints of some maps for Valor & Victory, they have already shipped and I am still waiting on my Bohnanza cards to ship that I ordered 3 days prior.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cappello
United States
Pasadena
MD
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Yeah, I just needed for dannorder to see that.

Back on topic, I do believe my Free Trader should be coming in today or tomorrow!

And good idea... I haven't really poked around too much, but do they do poster printing? (at work and can't check) I used to have poster size Star Wars Minis maps printed at cafepress, but they used to cost an arm and a leg, and the quality was sub par. I'm definately going to have to check that when I get home.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They do canvas poster printing but it is very expensive. The largest actual poster type print they do to my knowlege is 12x18 and they are on photo paper and VERY high quality. I had some of my AoS map redesigns printed on this stuff and they look spectacular.

There is a good place to get large posters printed and they are pretty reasonable in price. The website is fullsizeposters.com. I got three 24x36 map redesigns printed there and the quality is superb! If you want I can refer you and you will get the cheapest item in your cart free. (I am assuming they still do that) So, if you buy two posters of the same size you get one free.

*edit* many typos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cappello
United States
Pasadena
MD
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I'm not currently in the market for poster/maps, but I'll definstely keep you in mind when the need arises
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Haverty
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I might have missed this, but quick question: is there a limit on using that coupon? It sounds like you can get multiple decks at once with the coupon, but how about placing multiple orders and (re)using the coupon each time, on one account?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yes it is just a coupon code so you can use it as many times as you would like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Greer
South Carolina
msg tools
designer
Is anyone else getting some additional charges from ArtsCow showing up on your bank statements? I have one for each order, and each one is less than $1.00, so I've been chalking the charges up to some kind of currency conversion charge, but is anyone else seeing these?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Chappelear
United States
Kensington
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:
Is anyone else getting some additional charges from ArtsCow showing up on your bank statements? I have one for each order, and each one is less than $1.00, so I've been chalking the charges up to some kind of currency conversion charge, but is anyone else seeing these?

I used paypal, and had no such charges. Odd.

On the other hand, I got my Agricola X-decks, and the cards look great. They might not stand up to Dominion-style play, but they are perfect for light use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Finke
United States
Cumming
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:

Yeah, I had this on my credit card and it was a currency charge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Tompkins
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Never go in against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line!
badge
You know what would be funny...
mbmbmbmbmb
My order has shipped... can't wait to get the cards. I also made some custom geocaching signature cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my cards. Very very happy with the results. You get exactly what the designer software shows you will get.

The card stock is good, not top notch, but perfectly acceptable and should hold up to shuffling pretty well. The print quality is top-notch, could not be happier with the images. And they ship in little plastic cases which is a nice bonus.

Now to order more...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Glosser
United States
Antioch
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it normal to see the face of the card on the little 'Back' image next to it, even though you've defined a Back card image in the Custom 54 screen? I haven't received a reply from the Artscow folks, as yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
valkray wrote:
Is it normal to see the face of the card on the little 'Back' image next to it, even though you've defined a Back card image in the Custom 54 screen? I haven't received a reply from the Artscow folks, as yet.
Yes it is, don't worry about it. What you see in the designer is what you'll get. Ignore the preview.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
you really think they would fix that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Unger
United States
Purchase
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
www.sircooper.com makes quite good posters quite cheaply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My Free Trader cards arrived and I noticed I forgot to change the background of the planet cards, so all my cards say Event on the back... oh well. That's not so bad

But something strange happened. Here is the image I got on the designer screen:

And here the same card after it arrived:

The white space is gone! And it's strange because zooming in would leave white on the two "wider" corners, but I don't know what they did, how they did it, or why... Notice they didn't simply "flooded" the white space as the transition is smooth...

Anyone had something like this happen beofore?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy McKinney
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like they tried to "fix" it. They tell you to make sure all of the grey space is filled before you submit it. I guess they figure if you didn't then you messed up. A bit bizarre.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wow, they did change the file, you can tell if you look closely! I have never seen them do that before as I have always just got what I saw in the designer. I think I have always left more of a border than you did and maybe that made a difference. That is weird. They still look pretty good though IMO and nothing got "cut off".

That is good to know though that they might do that so I might have to be careful how I set up my borders in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After thinking about it, I wonder if they have been getting complaints about the preview not showing what people wanted. In turn they are thinking people putting borders on their cards might be trying to over compensate or something so they are "fixing" it for them. You would think though as many people have ordered the Free Trader deck though they would have caught on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TGov wrote:
wow, they did change the file, you can tell if you look closely! I have never seen them do that before as I have always just got what I saw in the designer. I think I have always left more of a border than you did and maybe that made a difference. That is weird. They still look pretty good though IMO and nothing got "cut off".

That is good to know though that they might do that so I might have to be careful how I set up my borders in the future.

Yeah, maybe I left too little border. I just ordered a set of cards to make a new copy of Corsair Leader and I left more this time. I hope they turn out fine

Anyway, I'm not complaining. They look nice
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TGov wrote:
After thinking about it, I wonder if they have been getting complaints about the preview not showing what people wanted. In turn they are thinking people putting borders on their cards might be trying to over compensate or something so they are "fixing" it for them. You would think though as many people have ordered the Free Trader deck though they would have caught on.

Maybe we should send them a message with each order explaining how we want the border

In my last order all the cards I extracted I did so without the borders, so I used the zoom out feature to get the border (even used different colors in one of the decks). Hopefully they'll understand this...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fourhman
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered six decks - enough for two complete sets of Fatal Frame ( http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/22329 ) with plenty of extras. Took about ten days to receive them and they are as nice as expected.

As others have posted, they seem the tiniest bit tacky, and I would probably not want to do super heavy shuffling with them, without sleeving them first.

And yeah, that Preview thing is borked. Ignore it.

If you want cards with a border, shrink the file about six clicks. That got me a very nice Magic/Pokemon style card border.

Awesome deal. According to my order I saved over $70!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve mizuno
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just submitted my order on Sunday night, and according to the order status, it has now shipped. This seems somewhat odd, I was expecting a longer wait. It also looks like they edited some of my scans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yuval Grinspun
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Well, I got my order, sort of....

I submitted a copy of Agricola X-deck, but I think they sent me someone else's order. Because mine has 1 of the x-deck cards and the 6 extra cards replaced with something else (a Santa Claus card??). I double checked my design and its definitely not the set that I ordered.

Will have to email them to see if I can get the cards that weren't sent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [11] |