Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon W
United States
Aurora
CO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I realize it's situational, but a naval power in Epoch VII with Reallocation can have an effective strength of up to 29 armies (Hasbro version). That's unlikely to happen, as Britain would likely leave some fleets here and there, and of course they might not take enough casualties to use up all the coins.

Still, it's a pretty big deal compared to say, not having Reallocation, or basically any of the other non-Minor Empire cards. I mean, if you're fighting, would you rather have +1 or 3 dice on all your fights, or 8-10 free casualties to give away?

Curious: do you see Reallocation as superior to basically any other Major Event?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Gilberg
United States
Norman
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
waddball wrote:

Curious: do you see Reallocation as superior to basically any other Major Event?

No, because it strikes me that an Empire that can make the most use of Reallocation is giving up the most potential advantage from fleets--there are a number of ways to get cheap points with those fleets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon W
United States
Aurora
CO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gilby wrote:
there are a number of ways to get cheap points with those fleets.

True, but generally only for one player. And it makes a difference whether a lot of the events that "seed" the unoccupied areas have come out. It just seems like a huge windfall to have that luxury of choice as France or Britain (or even the US or Germany), as opposed to not having it. And of course the other Major Events are even less useful if you're looking for cheap points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick S.
United States
Laguna Niguel
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Besides having to give up access to areas, it only gives you coins - not troops. This will help guarantee that you will capture your maximum amount of territories, but it won't gain more territories like extra troops would.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon W
United States
Aurora
CO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
finnianp wrote:
Besides having to give up access to areas, it only gives you coins - not troops. This will help guarantee that you will capture your maximum amount of territories, but it won't gain more territories like extra troops would.

But it's the closest thing you get to extra troops, and is certainly better on this score than either Leader or Weaponry.

As for access, for the late-epoch naval powers, you're looking at 10-13 markers. You can have a pretty decent reach with 3 or 4, leaving you with 6-10 coins. I'm not saying this is broken or anything like that, but I do think I'd always prefer to have the option over the other non-ME Greater Events.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick S.
United States
Laguna Niguel
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree it's strong and I usually save a reallocation for the end. Unfortunately, in my last game I ended up playing the Incas/Aztecs and Russians in the last epochs so it ended up being entirely useless.

I think the Leader and Weaponry are great because they are usable through out the game. It's always nice to have one for playing civs like Romans, Mongols and any of the others with large troop numbers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.