Popular Tags: [View All]
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I´m going on a trip to Göteborg in March.
Where do I go to buy games?
Or in other words, can anyone recommend some good game stores in Göteborg?

Thanks in advance,
Jesper

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Håkan Montelius
Sweden
Jönköping
Jönköpings län
flag msg tools
Hey.

The best place in Göteborg would be SF-Bokhandeln on Östra Larmgatan 16. For all I know, that is also the only place where you can buy boardgames in Göteborg. But the last time I went there, they had pretty much to offer and the prices were decent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan L
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Norspugger wrote:
The best place in Göteborg would be SF-Bokhandeln on Östra Larmgatan 16. For all I know, that is also the only place where you can buy boardgames in Göteborg. But the last time I went there, they had pretty much to offer and the prices were decent.
I haven't been home since last summer, but Spel i Focus was also good (although slightly outside the city centre, close to Liseberg) if it is still open. A quick google gives: http://www.spelifocus.se/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Matsson
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
Spel i focus (formerly 'cardcollector') is still open. They have the largest selection of games at the shelves of all shops in Gothenburg and I recommended them even if their prices cannot match webshops.

We also have Goblin Games, www.goblingames.se, close to Järntorget (Tredje Långgatan 10). Also specialized in games but a smaller shop. Have only been there once so I don't remember their prices. Not a very good homepage so you will have to call them to get prices.

I also second Norspuggers suggestion on SF-bokhandeln. Has a good selection and also has the advantage of being right in the middle of the city.

We also have Wizard games (www.wizard-games.com) at Hisingen. I haven't been there but they seem to have a selection of board games even if they look like they are more orientet towards CCG:s, roleplaying and miniatures.

Welcome to Gothenburg!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thanks guys!

I´m going on a 4 day trip with a very pregnant girlfriend, probably our last solo vacation for a looong time...
It´ll be all about relaxing and eating at fancy restaurants, but it´s nice to know there are some game stores to look at too...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helena Tzioti
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Hello guys!

I have seen that all the threads concerning board game stores in Gothenburg are dated. So I was wondering if there are any updates.

I see that Spel i Focus is still open, Goblin Games has closed and the Wizard Games link sends me to a chinese website or something like that.

I have also found one board games cafe, Taktik.

Ι am moving to Gothenburg this summer so I would really like to know what is going on there board games wise.

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Virco
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,
I am visiting Göteborg