Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron Emch
United States
Maumee
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Back in Charlotte from almost a year ago.

Asked back then about FLGS's, and got a few notes, but no real good stores at that time.

Has that changed?

Has any good stores sprung up in the last year?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Monroe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was in Underground Games on the west side this past weekend. Kind of weak selection of Euros, but I got a ding & dent GIPF for around $25.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb Petro
United States
INDIAN TRAIL
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It sucks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe F.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing worth mentioning. In our area there isn't a debate of FLGS vs. Online discounter. Here it is online vs. not buyingcry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Smith
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only been to one FLGS in the area, and that is Above Board Games down in Fort Mill, SC. It's a pretty quick drive down 77 to get there... especially if you live in South Charlotte. They are mostly set up with miniature gaming tables and I would say about 3/4 of the store is stocked with that type of inventory. However, I have found that they do have a pretty good selection of board games. I've bought quite a few games there: TtR, TtR:Europe, Catan, Downfall of Pompeii, Pandemic, Carc, and a couple expansions. They have most of the "popular" games down there... although I have noticed that they are not very quick to restock. The staff is really great, though.

Go check them out, I think that in the Charlotte area this is pretty much the only solution. Besides, if more board gamers go in and start buying Euro games, I would bet that they would get a bit more inventory through the ol' supply and demand equation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Emch
United States
Maumee
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like nothing has changed.

Thanks for all the responses.