Popular Tags: [View All]
Marty Firth
Australia
Greenwood
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
G'day (that's Australian for hello),

My wife will be in NY from roughly 4th - 8th August (though that's still approximate at this stage). She would love to come along to some sort of public gaming event if anything is on around then. She would probably also love to visit a FLGS if there is one around.

Can any locals fill me in on any possibilities ... sorry I haven't really trawled throught the NY forum looking for stuff because I was feeling a little lazy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Geerkin
United States
Eden
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is she visiting New York City or New York State?

I can probably help, if Niagara Falls is part of her trip.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're going to be in the Binghamton area, there's a great FLGS there called Jupiter Games. They have a game night on Friday nights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Firth
Australia
Greenwood
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
josgeerkin wrote:
Is she visiting New York City or New York State?

I can probably help, if Niagara Falls is part of her trip.

sorry, forgot about that, I meant New York city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Proper-Lee
United States
Levittown
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a bit early to say for sure when, but we have a Boardgame Meetup that usually meets during the first and third weeks of the month (currently it is first and third Wed). I haven't updated the calendar lately, but I try to keep it accurate on the NYC Guild page at: http://boardgamegeek.com/guild/175

and at http://www.meetup.com/nyc-boardgames/

Sadly, we've lost one of the two main gaming stores in Manhattan, and there's only the Compleat Strategist left (sells for US retail price but has lots of games spilling all over their shelves).

If outside of Manhattan, there are some small places in Queens and Brooklyn, but there aren't many options there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/294366
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Curran
United States
White Plains
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Complete Strategist is the gaming store visit in Manhattan. They have catered to gamers for decades. Back ten to fifteen years ago they didn't have as much board gaming. as I would have liked and most of it was U.S. games. Now it's a board gaming cornucopia. This is NYC so square footage costs top dollar so they are stacked to the rafters with more than half dedicated to board/card games. The other half is probably miniatures, wargames, RPGs, etc.

If it came down to no event around that time, I bet BGG'rs can meet up with you with games in tow to play *somewhere*. I know I'd show up to help you have a good time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j Willis
United States
Vestal
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2nd for Jupiter Games in Campus Plaza, Vestal, NY (next to Binghamton). Fat Cat in Johnson City does not compare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls