Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle Hough
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really enjoyed your review Keith! I just bought this game last night and I am eagerly anticipating its arrival and your review just made the wait even harder.

Any chance you know the board dimensions? I've looked on these forums and the official site and can't find the numbers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alec Chapman
United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Anyway, how's your sex life?
badge
"She said the same thing about waffles."
mbmbmbmbmb
Bosh wrote:
I really enjoyed your review Keith! I just bought this game last night and I am eagerly anticipating its arrival and your review just made the wait even harder.

Any chance you know the board dimensions? I've looked on these forums and the official site and can't find the numbers.

I can help for once! (This is a big deal for me!)

It's 2x3 of 25cmx23.5cm boards

That makes it 705x500 by standard measures. (i.e. mm)

Not all of this is playable surface since a border around the long edges cuts it down a bit.

Hope this helps!

edit - whoops! doubled up the length
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
I must think over my position and how I may improve it.
mb
Quote:
I really enjoyed your review Keith!

Yes, thanks for the review. Memoir ends up having too much luck (dice rolls AND card draws) to make me take it very seriously. It is what it is though, and I will keep it in my collection for when I'm playing younger generals or just want to throw some dice around.

I really think I should have picked up Ancients, but I dreaded the stickering and I knew having "charts" for die rolls, retreats, etc. would be a downside for the groups of gamers I play with. Both are highly luck-based, but Ancients just seems like more fun--maybe it's the era I appreciate more.

Quote:
Any chance you know the board dimensions?

It's as big as any of the other 6-fold boards DoW produces (I think).

I'll measure when I'm home and add that info to the description.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What I like to do is to mix and match games, as well as playing them as is.

For instance, Take the Memoir '44 command deck, the Tide of Iron maps and scenery and the Miniatures and rules from Axis and Allies collectable miniatures and you have some hellacious tank and combined arm battles on a point-buy basis.

Come on, you know a lot of you have all 3 games, why use them just out of the box?

They belong to YOU, there's no game police.... yet

Phil.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
I must think over my position and how I may improve it.
mb
Quote:
The bottom line throwing dice around is a blast if you're okay with the way the dice gods are feeling about you that day! ;)

In fact, what frustrates me so much about this game is what brings me back: pure human ego. I want to outmaneuver luck. When I do, it's very satisfying (and frustrating to my opponent).

At least it's over quick and you can start again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.