Popular Tags: [View All]
Shawn
United States
Muskegon
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do out of courtesy and just trying to be nice. I would not personally leave feedback for someone who has zero since this trader is unproven. Otherwise I don't see a problem with it.I realize some people would disagree with me.

I do believe feedback is warranted for anyone who has to pay part of the shipping cost like when you have to send to another country. I was bummed when I spent like $6.00 to pay the difference on shipping for a game from Canada and did not get any positive feedback. We sent several gm's back and forth and I paid through paypal. To me all that effort deserves recognition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Inks
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina (NC)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
selwyth wrote:
Quick question for a math trade novice: I don't leave feedback for people whom I ship to, right? (since they didn't ship)
My first math trade I had two to ship to...I left Neutral feedback for both and no explination. One did not so much as blink, the other guy blasted me for what he perceved as negative feedback. If you happen to leave Neutral...leave a comment as to why.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Imad
United States
Minnetonka
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brother Narsis wrote:
selwyth wrote:
Quick question for a math trade novice: I don't leave feedback for people whom I ship to, right? (since they didn't ship)
My first math trade I had two to ship to...I left Neutral feedback for both and no explination. One did not so much as blink, the other guy blasted me for what he perceved as negative feedback. If you happen to leave Neutral...leave a comment as to why.

My understanding was that you leave either positive feedback or no feedback at all in such cases. Neutral feedback looks "bad" on a BGGer's trade feedback page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted McManus
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
The recipient's role is minimal, but important to me: if they communicate indicating that they received the game and all is okay -- whether explicitly through geekmail or simply through the act of leaving positive feedback -- then that's a useful act that tells me the transaction was satisfactorily completed and I'm not left hanging/wondering. I happily reward that with positive feedback.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emily H.
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I generally leave positive and indicate that it was part of a math trade and if the person was good at communicating, I'll add something like "good communication."

Leaving it blank seems fine too. I generally like to clean up all my pending trades though (the ones BGG is reminding me to leave feedback for), so I prefer to leave some feedback.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
All life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.
Microbadge: Detective: City of Angels fanMicrobadge: Level 10 BGG posterMicrobadge: Everdell fanMicrobadge: I play with blue!Microbadge: Terraforming Mars fan
emagius wrote:
My understanding was that you leave either positive feedback or no feedback at all in such cases. Neutral feedback looks "bad" on a BGGer's trade feedback page.
Unfortunately, that's not posted somewhere and for someone new to the process, it's perfectly logical to assume that neutral feedback is the appropriate option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Treasure those you love...
mbmbmbmbmb
enzo622 wrote:
emagius wrote:
Unfortunately, that's not posted somewhere and for someone new to the process, it's perfectly logical to assume that neutral feedback is the appropriate option.
A logical assumption yes. Appropriate? Most think not. Perhaps we should start putting it in the boilerplate rules we use, somewhere near the bottom, just as a guideline...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
anglotiger wrote:
A logical assumption yes. Appropriate? Most think not. Perhaps we should start putting it in the boilerplate rules we use, somewhere near the bottom, just as a guideline...
there is some info in the MT wiki page at http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Math_Trades#toc7 (tips for new traders)... maybe could be made more visible of expanded upon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Bastianelli
United States
Pittsford
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, are the results official? I am asking because in the first page they are still not official.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
All life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.
Microbadge: Detective: City of Angels fanMicrobadge: Level 10 BGG posterMicrobadge: Everdell fanMicrobadge: I play with blue!Microbadge: Terraforming Mars fan
Madazam wrote:
So, are the results official? I am asking because in the first page they are still not official.
Yes, per Boomer's post on page 14 of this thread:

Boomer wrote:
Since no errors have been reported. I'm going to declare this official.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Stolt
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
I have not yet received the item that I was supposed to in this trade. I've repeatedly tried contacting the seller, but have received no response.

Is there any hope that I might get something back from the game I traded away - or should my first trade through BGG be a lesson to not do so again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Bass fanMicrobadge: Bass fanMicrobadge: Bass playerMicrobadge: MusicianMicrobadge: Bluegrass fan
I have traded somewhere around 30 times and participated in many math trades in the couple of years I have been here. I have never had a problem. I am sorry you had this happen to you on your first trade. I will also refer you to the trade dispute page here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Marketplace-Trade_Dis...

Good Luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
stolt wrote:
I have not yet received the item that I was supposed to in this trade. I've repeatedly tried contacting the seller, but have received no response.
Since you only got one trade it's clear which one is was (usually it's best to sate which one so specifically as if you had more than one it casts a dark light over the others who have not presented a problem). That trade would be:

stolt : (1 trades of 5, 20%)
-- 1. gives "Perikles (99)" to Stas (1177)
++ 1. receives "For Sale (569)" from knauman

Checking
Kyle Nauman
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

that person has been on BGG as recently as today. Checking their trade history they have a rating of 11, all positive (though 1/2 are likely from being on receiving end of a math trade not all he sent stuff out on)... but the history does only go back to March 12 of this year. He has been a member for a year though, is a BGG supporter (patron)

Kyle himself had 6 trades:

knauman : (6 trades of 12, 50%)
-- 1. gives "Risk - The Lord of the Rings - Trilogy Edition (581)" to coolio (129)
-- 2. gives "A Game of Thrones (571)" to CyanideNow (773)
-- 3. gives "Ghost Stories - The Guardhouse Expansion (574)" to peacmyer (591)
-- 4. gives "For Sale (569)" to stolt (99)
-- 5. gives "Hammer of the Scots (580)" to Vanhel (503)
-- 6. gives "Tempus (582)" to Vetinari (1153)
++ 1. receives "Field Commander: Rommel (44)" from chooche
++ 2. receives "Rail Baron (1235)" from fendwick
++ 3. receives "Carcassonne - The Mini Expansion (737)" from Boomer
++ 4. receives "Red November (1188)" from ronster0
++ 5. receives "Memoir '44 (1201)" from ufemism
++ 6. receives "Iron Road (1165)" from larryjrice

it would be worthwhile to find out if any of those he was supposed to send to have received theirs or not. We also have 6 folks who shipped to him in this MT so it should help track him down at least as to where folks shipped to.

My guess is it there is an explanation, and he'll eventually make good, but only time will tell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Thompson
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Valar Morghulis
badge
Valar Dohaeris
Microbadge: Begin QuestionMicrobadge: University of IowaMicrobadge: 'Obey gravity. It's the law!'Microbadge: Brain busters fanMicrobadge:
I received A Game of Thrones from Kyle only a few days ago, so it was a little late in the shipping. However, he did use BGG's shipping notification when he sent it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  11 , 12 , 13 , 14 , 15  |