Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
these are my overtexts and
badge
now I am without geek gold :(
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried searching and am about to play a 2 player game and would like to use the rules I have seen for non player characters. Where can I find these rules? I believe it was roll all dice and move extra cars in selected gears dice??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Walters
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Why not play 2 players and 4 cars ( 2 cars each?)? I and a friend do that weekly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Dustin. I think you may be referring to the suggestion put forth in this post by Heckmac.

I tried it, but it didn't seem to add the me-versus-them feeling I had hoped for. I still found myself having to calculate what gear would be best for the AI cars (also even just eye-balling it as if I was qualifying). So, as it turned out for me, I have more fun just controlling multiple cars myself.

I would like a true AI routine that I could use to move bot opponents around the track, but I don't think that the one suggested in that post is right for me. Maybe I don't fully understand it...?

So, I'm seconding the motion to use two or more cars per player. If you have two players with a total of four cars on the track, you might consider scoring them as two teams. 6 5 4 2 points for 1st through 4th place. We like using that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dustin boggs
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
these are my overtexts and
badge
now I am without geek gold :(
mbmbmbmbmb
I made up a jam car variant but we found that we had to guess gears and stuff. I also had damage involved in a modded way. In the end my 2 cars got 1 and 2. My friend got 3 and 4. 2 jam cars made it and 4 crashed and burned on the way.

I think sticking to team cars of 2 or 3 woudl be best as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Mills
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
yes a friend and i play 5 cars each with 10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1 pts for 1st through 8th. I have what i call the white white (Mclaren), red red (Ferrari), yellow yellow (Renault), blue blue (Red Bull) and green green (Torro rosso) , relating to car colour and fender. My mate has the black tail fins ie white black (Toyota). red black (Force India), yellow black (Williams), blue black (BMW Sauber) and green black (Honda).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're willing to use defunct team names, you could have a yellow/black be Jordan and green/white be Jaguar (among other combinations).

Details... eh...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls