Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, given that information has been curtailed from my other thread, I KNOW I can say the following:

- Cards will use different combinations of existing ideas than you've ever seen before. So far I think only one guess has included a combination similar to the real cards. That should be an interesting thought to you all given that there have been a TON of guesses, and that means that the new cards will be VERY different than you expect. When I've said that this set reinvents the game, lemme put it this way. My 3 initial play tests were with just the new set....then we mixed both sets. What happened was that this set can be played just as well as the first on it's own. Add in the original for some fascinating interactions and combinations and you'll be playing until the next expansion IMHO.

- More choices. That's the stated theme of this set: Choice. The initial delays in play time will come from the sheer variety of new cards, that's for sure, but more so from the choices on any given card. With over half the cards you'll be torn as to what you want a given card to do.

- Some cards will be so good that the "3 piles run out" rule will come into play more often than ever before. I remember our first play test, and only 2 provinces were purchased. You read that right: 2 Provinces...and no Gardens were in play either. I really like the fact that this keeps the game fresh. In a couple of our games we intentionally ended games by simply buying the last of an action card just to foil the perceived leader.

- Since we already know there can be more players - Increased players won't always mean a longer game. Look at it this way: more players means Provinces can disappear in a heart beat. The same goes for my previous point; this means that the 3 pile rule can come in to play quite quickly. More players means that the attack cards become even more of a beat down than before. If you liked attacks before, then you'll like them more with an increased number of players; otherwise stay away.

I guess that's enough for now. I know that's now a whole lot to go on, but until the official spoilers come out and I can make specific mentions, I guess that's all folks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
more players means Provinces can disappear in a heart beat.

So the depth of VP piles doesn't upsize with the number of players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
thatmarkguy wrote:
locusshifter wrote:
more players means Provinces can disappear in a heart beat.

So the depth of VP piles doesn't upsize with the number of players?

Estates and Duchys will always have the same as 4P, while Provinces will scale up...but it's not a huge step per player. In a 6P game if 2 rounds in a row all players buy a Province there go 12 in a snap....Provinces can be drained in a 5P and 6P game in a blink...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.