BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: New Store in Burnaby, BC rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonny Botsch
Canada
flag msg tools
Hi,

I've just recently opened a new store in Metrotown Mall as of Jan 16th, (so relatively new) and thought I should let people know about it. Form talking to gamers that have come in, there seems to be a lack of geeky stores in the area and I should let everyone know that we're here!

The store is Metropolis Comics and Toys and yes, we carry comics and toys. We've also been trying to nurture our gaming section. We have game tables on the floor that are open to be used whenever. We also run events like Magic FNMs and Tuesday booster drafts. Weekends are starting to become board game days for all kinds of table top gaming and we'll probably be starting some kind of weekly demo night for trying new games and all are welcome.

As for stock, it's all along the back wall for gaming and carrying the basic lines for Munchkins, Zombies, Cataan, Carcasonne, Killer Bunnies, Warcraft, Descent, Warmachines, Etc... It's a start. I myself am not much of a gamer, but would like to see the section grow more. We usually restock weekly and can make orders for anyone who'd like something we don't have, provided they're okay with a 30% deposit.

I could go on with the other stuff we carry and pimp my store, but I'm trying not to make this an ad and more informational to those who might be looking for a place in their area to play at. So feel free to come in and give us some feedback of what you'd like to see in the store or just to check it out.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Weckermann
Canada
Powell River
British Coumbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Super and thank you for a playing area for games, tough to do when retail space cost's so much in malls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope you do well. That's a nice mall and it needs a store like yours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Botsch
Canada
flag msg tools
Thanks guys!

You never know how people on a forum are going to respond when you post something like this. Very supportive! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jonny,
Welcome to BGG! Where in Metrotown are you located?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Botsch
Canada
flag msg tools
Bottom floor, right by Toys R Us. Actually, we're next door to the Games Workshop.

I should have posted a link to the site earlier, but it's not finished yet, so until it's done there's just a place holder with a map to our location on it.

Here:

http://www.metropolis-comics.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls