Allen Vailliencourt
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never been to Cat-n-Mouse but I am on their mailing list. Noticed this great video that was put out by The Columbia Chronicle.

http://columbiachronicle.com/more-than-just-a-cat-mouse-game...

The video -

Kudos to the Cat-n-Mouse team and promoting board gaming. Amazing thing..all the gamers in the video looked....normal! cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Stewart
Canada
Grand Bay-Westfield
NB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"I want to go to there."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Bappert
United States
Woodstock
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Amazing thing..all the gamers in the video looked....normal!

lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh, when the owner said "collectible card games" the b-roll was of Dominion. -picky me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonty
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How's the prices there? MSRP, 10%, 15%? Looks like a nice store. I'll have to visit if I'm in the neighborhood.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
montag 66
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's cool! My daughter and I make a few appearances in the video. She's the girl on the floor playing with the stuffed animals and/or puzzle.

This was filmed the day of the downtown St. Patrick's Day parade. We stopped by Cat-n-Mouse after the parade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patroclus
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jefftang wrote:
How's the prices there? MSRP, 10%, 15%? Looks like a nice store. I'll have to visit if I'm in the neighborhood.

I have not visited the store since last summer but afaicr, the games I wanted for myself were around MSRP and coupled with the high sales tax I ended up going online for a couple of games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonty
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Patroclus wrote:
jefftang wrote:

I have not visited the store since last summer but afaicr, the games I wanted for myself were around MSRP and coupled with the high sales tax I ended up going online for a couple of games.

:)

Yes, Chicago has a high tax rate, 10.25% or so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Pytel
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great video for a great store. You can really see in the video just how well-run the place is. Everything is clean and well laid-out, there are a bunch of neat events on the calendar, and the staff are knowledgeable, friendly, and relatively normal. Well... socially well-adjusted at least, which is more than I can say for a lot of places. Prices are pretty much MSRP, but really... if there was ever a B&M store that added that "extra value" beyond just selling the games, this is it. I buy something every time I'm there and usually feel guilty for not buying for more. I'm really looking forward to my kids being just a bit older so that we can go all go there together more often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Imboden
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to know who's in charge of PR at Cat-n-Mouse.

Because in the past year, in a virtually dead economy and in a city with a ridic tax rate, they've managed to get some great coverage in the local press. Good job, whoever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls