Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
We've been scouting out FLGS ('local' being an extremely relative term). I wanted to gather store info into one place. Please add any that I missed, or more info that you may have about any stores listed.

Rochester

Millennium Games and Hobbies
http://www.millenniumgames.com/
3047 West Henrietta Rd.
Rochester, NY 14624
(585) 427-2190
events@millenniumgames.com

We went for the first time today, and had a great time. There were 12-14 tables in the back rooms, it was large and open and easy to maneuver, not loudy or smelly, even with a CCG tournament going on. A great selection of games, including Euros (my favorite). Also wargames, Warhammer stuff, Magic Stuff, RPG stuff, smaller stuff like Court of the Medici, new stuff like Le Havre. Games neatly arranged and easy to browse, nicely displayed, well organized.

Vestal (near Binghamton]

Jupiter Games
www.jupitergames.net
3701 Vestal Pkwy E
Vestal, NY 13850
(607) 729-5910

The game store we consider 'our' FLGS, because it's comfortable, homey, and friendly. It's the store we most want to support, and do most of our brick and mortar purchases there. About 8 tables in the back, Friday game nights, store copies available on shelves to play/look at, weekend Magic tournaments, soda/snacks. Games alphabetically arranged - some kids/family/lighter games up front, some puzzles, but mostly heavier gamer games and some RPG/CCG supplies.

Ithaca

Providence Hobbies
308 East Seneca (a block from the Commons)
Ithaca, NY 14850
www.providencehobbies.com

It's small, but they have a large handful of games in the back, some terrain, and a Wednesday game night.

Alphabet Soup
133 E State Street (The Commons)
Ithaca, NY 14850

It's a kids store, but they have a board game section. Mostly useful for kids/family games, but you can also get classics like Mancala or Pente, or things like Pentago.

Comics For Collectors
www.comicsforcollectors.com
207 N Aurora St (a block from the Commons)
Ithaca, NY 14850
(607) 272-3007

Mostly a comic book store, but a small handful of games like Settlers of Catan in the back.

Syracuse

Play the Game Read The Story
www.playthegamereadthestory.com
9808 Carousel Ctr (Carousel Mall)
Syracuse, NY 13290
(315) 472-4263

It's in a mall, so it tries to have more "window appeal" than most game stores we've been to. More families wandering in, looking at Bananagrams, but still a decent selection of meatier games, RPG stuff, CCG stuff, comic books, t-shirts, etc. 8-10 tables in the back. Probably the shiniest and well-lit.

I couldn't figure out how this store was organized. It was somewhat by size, somewhat by genre, and somewhat alphabetical, but if you told me to go find a specific game, I would not have been able to do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nicholson
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boardgaming goes on every Tuesday night from 5-close at Play the Game, Read the Story in Syracuse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Butler
United States
Hughesville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, sadly you went to Rochester but you missed Crazy Egors.

3 South Ave
Hilton, New York 14468
(585) 392-0230

Crazy Egor's is one of the best game stores on the planet. The selection of used/ oop games is unreal, and a great collection of new to boot.

Crazy Egors has crazy hours, so you'd be wise to call ahead if you are heading up there. The owner formerly owned the store now called Millennium, but he sold it several years ago, his main focus now is mail order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bogdasarian
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also still Fat Cat Books in Binghamton, yes?

http://www.fatcatbooks.net/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark camp
United States
Lesser Binghamton Area
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fat Cat's still there, just in a different location. They mostly cater to CCG and CMG players now adays. They have a limited number of board games though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benny Sperling
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
There is also Centerfield Cards and Comics on Main St in Endicott, they do some games. Plus the place on Clinton St. in Binghamton, Robot City Games. Fat Cat still does a lot of board games, they have been around forever too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benny Sperling
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
There is also Dragon's Den up near Poughkeepsie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/294366 ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Winslow
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget Boldo's in Rochester, either,

3 fine stores in town, ain't bad...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benny Sperling
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
there's another one out here (hudson valley) I think its called alternaverse. I'm sorry that I don't know more about it, I haven't been out there yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls