• [+] Dice rolls
Neil
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suggest:

Use 3M Super 77 spray glue. Glue prints to heavy weight illustration board. Brush with varnish (matte or gloss, doesn't matter). After 2 coats, gently sand with very fine grit sandpaper (400-600) to erase the brush strokes. Add another coat or two, sanding very gently between each. If you have acrylic sealer, pray a couple of coats of that for a nice feel.

I think MOD PODGE will also work well instead of varnish. I haven't tried it though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another good field expedient method is to use a similar sized board from an otherwise "trash game" (e.g. Scrabble, etc... from Goodwill) as your base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been working on my oversized version of Kwanchai's redesign. My solution for building the board was print it in two pieces on 11"x17" paper (have access to nice color laser printer at work).

I then ran the pages through my laminator using 3 mil thick plastic coated on top side only. Run them back to back. It's important the back side still be paper.

At my local art supply store I purchased self adhesive foam board. Each sheet was 20"x30" so one was enough for both halves. Stuck the map on the board and smoothed it down really hard using the protective paper as protection while I worked it down well. A roller would of been nice but didn't have one. Be wary of air bubbles, so smooth from center out.

Cut it out with my exacto blade. This was the real problem. It was really hard to keep the cuts straight and I'm not real happy with the cut. I'm going to look for a better foam board cutter this week and do it again. Since I've put a lot of time into this build I want the board to look perfect.

And here's a pic of the work in progress-

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.