Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Second Chance Math Trade Discussion
aksosa wrote:
Unfortunately I can't eat until thenumbess goes away.
and don't swim right after you eat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
cash offerings... Re: Second Chance Math Trade Discussion
aksosa wrote:
OK, I just re-synched the OLWLG.
With that resync I also noticed items from at least two different folks offering CASH (via paypal)... checking your rules and I don't see anything that allows it unless someone interprets "etc" to mean cash.

For our regulars we know cash hasn't been allowed in MT's as it's definitely past the gray zone of gift cards in bypassing the BGG marketplace and BGG's 3% commision as cash like that is essentially a sale... anyone putting cash on their want lists and ends up with one of more of those would need to run those amounts through the BGG marketplace.

Personally I don't think it's a door that wants to be opened, at least not at this time or the flood gates will open....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
JeffyJeff wrote:
With that resync I also noticed items from at least two different folks offering CASH (via paypal)... checking your rules and I don't see anything that allows it unless someone interprets "etc" to mean cash.

For our regulars we know cash hasn't been allowed in MT's as it's definitely past the gray zone of gift cards in bypassing the BGG marketplace and BGG's 3% commision as cash like that is essentially a sale... anyone putting cash on their want lists and ends up with one of more of those would need to run those amounts through the BGG marketplace.

Personally I don't think it's a door that wants to be opened, at least not at this time or the flood gates will open....
Agreed 100%.

Just to be clear, cash is not allowed. I've commented on those items you're referring to, stating that as long as those items are only for giftcards we are good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Treasure those you love...
mbmbmbmbmb
aksosa wrote:
Just to be clear, cash is not allowed. I've commented on those items you're referring to, stating that as long as those items are only for giftcards we are good.
Agreed - not that it matters if I agree, as it's your event, but I know it's nice to hear.

At last count I saw five offending entries. Two offers of straight cash ($11 and $22) and three offers where the recipient could pick either a GC or cash. The first two items need to be withdrawn and the latter three either withdrawn or modified to be a GC offer only. In fact they should probably be withdrawn and then relisted as GC entries only, in case they're on want lists already and the person who is trying for them wanted the cash.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Treasure those you love...
mbmbmbmbmb
And it looks like you were all over those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
anglotiger wrote:
At last count I saw five offending entries. In fact they should probably be withdrawn and then relisted as GC entries only, in case they're on want lists already and the person who is trying for them wanted the cash.

Good point. I've just edited my comment requesting that those items are relisted as giftcards only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
:C.h.r.i.s. M.c.G.o.w.a.n:
United States
Elk Grove Village
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed the comments on my listing.

I have edited my items to reflect WITHDRAWN - BLANK WANTLIST WILL BE SUBMITTED. It felt like a gray area and I am OK with withdrawing and relisting as a gift certificate, if I desire.

I apologize for letting the door open and perhaps confusing others who posted after me. I also hope no one selects these items on their wantlists.

Still relative new to math trades. I am sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
UsanaChris wrote:
I noticed the comments on my listing.

I have edited my items to reflect WITHDRAWN - BLANK WANTLIST WILL BE SUBMITTED. It felt like a gray area and I am OK with withdrawing and relisting as a gift certificate, if I desire.

I apologize for letting the door open and perhaps confusing others who posted after me. I also hope no one selects these items on their wantlists.

Still relative new to math trades. I am sorry.

No worries. We were all newbies at one point. Anyway, I'm happy to have you aboard. Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lo Ma
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aksosa wrote:

I just got back from having 3 wisdom teeth pulled so I'll be in the rest of the night. I made the mistake of not eating before my appointment and and a result I am now starving. Unfortunately I can't eat until thenumbess goes away.

Oh well.
Oh mon, it's even worse when you try to drink some water or something... just dripping and drolling out of your misshapen mouth trying to keep the liquid in it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LoMa wrote:
aksosa wrote:

I just got back from having 3 wisdom teeth pulled so I'll be in the rest of the night. I made the mistake of not eating before my appointment and and a result I am now starving. Unfortunately I can't eat until thenumbess goes away.

Oh well.
Oh mon, it's even worse when you try to drink some water or something... just dripping and drolling out of your misshapen mouth trying to keep the liquid in it...
There has got to be a game in there somewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reminder to everybody to check your entries for comments right now and respond. Because once the list is locked, you will not be able to respond. You can use the OLWLG to view just the items that you have entered to facilitate this process.

And if you have questions about an offer, post it right away to give the offerer a chance to respond before the list closes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Foley
msg tools
designer
PM me for a Pint
badge
And as the world so Ordered Be, With a time to Rise and a time to Fall. Come raise with me the Parting Glass. Goodnight, and Joy be with you all!
Microbadge: Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Missing Microbadges.Microbadge: Blues Brothers fanMicrobadge: "The proper story, and the perfect drink, for everyone" - Doug the barman of the FTL BarMicrobadge: Blues Brothers fanMicrobadge: INVISIBLE CAT PLAYING INVISIBLE AGRICOLAZ
aksosa wrote:

No worries. We were all newbies at one point. Anyway, I'm happy to have you aboard. Good luck!
Really? Im a newbie right now! I am eagerly awaiting the box of gold Krugerrands to show up at my doorstep once this trade is completed.

Im goign to be rich I tell you!

RICH!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Well, a little under 2 hours before the submission deadline, and I think we're seeing a nice mix of items from the last math trade as well as a few new ones.

We have a long way to go, but I'm feeling cautiously optimistic. Then again, perhaps that's the painkillers talking.

Speaking of which, this afternoon, the oral surgeon really worked over the right side of my jaw to get at least one of tmy wisdom teeth, and i'm finally starting to feel it. Now, I'm not looking for sympathy, but it made me wonder if this is how Ricky Hatton felt last weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I suck at boardgamesMicrobadge: I love Colorado - The Centennial State!Microbadge: Parent of Two BoysMicrobadge: Plays Games with SpouseMicrobadge: Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG fan
aksosa wrote:
Speaking of which, this afternoon, the oral surgeon really worked over the right side of my jaw to get at least one of tmy wisdom teeth, and i'm finally starting to feel it. Now, I'm not looking for sympathy, but it made me wonder if this is how Ricky Hatton felt last weekend.
Though it was 15 years ago, I had 4 pulled at the same time. I'm sorry to say I was miserable for a week. I haven't eaten pudding since.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Ok, that's it. Feel free to start submitting your want lists. Keep in mind that the deadline to submit wants is 10PM CST on Saturday.

Edit:

If you've never used the OLWLG before, start with:

1) Follow this link - http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/bgglogin.cgi

2) Enter your BGG name and click on "Send Now".

3) You will receive a GeekMail containing your own personal link to the new OLWLG.

To use the OLWLG, see the links provided above in the instructions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn
United States
Muskegon
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Second Chance Math Trade Discussion - Submit wantlists now
So how many trades we got? Shake off the sedation. I think I may need some of your medication....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Who? Me?
Austria
Graz
Steiermark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aksosa wrote:

that sounds like a night of pain... keep yourself entertained by rerunning trademax every few minutes cool

i just submitted my wants... errr... dare i say, FIRST! ???? devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
Microbadge: Extended Stats userMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: ChristianMicrobadge: 2018 Gold SupporterMicrobadge: The Geek Citizenship Recognition Program Rolls On!
kurmuzz wrote:
aksosa wrote:

that sounds like a night of pain... keep yourself entertained by rerunning trademax every few minutes cool

Nope. I was first.

TimeStamp of the confirmation mail:
Thu May 7, 2009 11:53 pm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
Microbadge: Extended Stats userMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: ChristianMicrobadge: 2018 Gold SupporterMicrobadge: The Geek Citizenship Recognition Program Rolls On!
I'm getting mine pulled in 15 days. I can't wait. gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allison
United States
San Carlos
California
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Grammar PoliceMicrobadge: Owner of Too Many Unplayed GamesMicrobadge: I'm femaleMicrobadge: Plays Games with ChildrenMicrobadge: I couldn't care less what color I play with!
Howitzer_120mm wrote:
kurmuzz wrote:
aksosa wrote:

Nope. I was first.

I submitted mine 16 minutes after submission opened. Does that make me first? Although, first means that I have no life and spent an inordinate amount of time late at night scrolling through the list and checking boxes the last couple of days... so many not such a good thing.

All this wisdom teeth talk is freaking me out. I had one dentist tell me I should get mine out because they're impacted, but my current dentist looked at the X-rays and said they were uncomfortably close to a major nerve in my face, so taking them out could possibly cause me to lose feeling in part of my face permanently. Needless to say, I still have my wisdom teeth. I hope they stay dormant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn
United States
Muskegon
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Nope. I was first.

Not even close!

Check out these stats:
Thu May 7, 2009 10:14 pm ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cheng
United States
Catonsville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Since the geeklist is closed, just wanted to answer the question on whether the Nordstrom gift card expires or not. Here's what I got from Nordstrom's website:

Quote:
Nordstrom Gift Cards and Virtual Gift Cards do not expire, have no fees and are redeemable at Nordstrom.com, Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack stores.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
skipster13 wrote:
Quote:

Nope. I was first.

Not even close!

Check out these stats:
Thu May 7, 2009 10:14 pm ninja
Close but no cigar, Shawn. nmadd beat you by one minute. Congratulations, nmadd - your 'No-Prize' is in the mail.

By the way, we still have a loong way to go, but we officially have our first unofficial trades this morning - it's a modest chain of 3 trades but, hey, it's a start.

I'll start posting updates on the first page as we go along, but as of this morning we're missing 777 wants (62.1%) from 118 user(s) (68.2%).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Foley
msg tools
designer
PM me for a Pint
badge
And as the world so Ordered Be, With a time to Rise and a time to Fall. Come raise with me the Parting Glass. Goodnight, and Joy be with you all!
Microbadge: Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Missing Microbadges.Microbadge: Blues Brothers fanMicrobadge: "The proper story, and the perfect drink, for everyone" - Doug the barman of the FTL BarMicrobadge: Blues Brothers fanMicrobadge: INVISIBLE CAT PLAYING INVISIBLE AGRICOLAZ
I would assume that it would be irrelevant to post any trade chains now, because once all submissions are in, the Trade Maximizer could mathematically re-do all such chains, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Correct. There would really be no point, since it would just take 1 want list to change any result - especially this early in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [8] |