Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
JeffyJeff wrote:
what's all this chit chat about the actuall math trade... we want more trek talk ...

We'll have to have a MT around next weekend so we can chat up the da Vinci Code prequel...
Ok, that settles it - from now on we name the math trades after the topics to be dicussed.

Unfortunately this means that I will have to miss the Angels & Demons Math Trade because I'd didn't particularly care for the Davinci Code movie. snore
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Bass fanMicrobadge: Bass fanMicrobadge: Bass playerMicrobadge: MusicianMicrobadge: Bluegrass fan
Thanks for setting this up aksosa. Even if I did have to wade through all the Star Trek geek talk. Really happy to be receiving the less prudish version of Funny Friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
No trades, but not a surprise. I had fun as always, hoping, planning and writing long fictional accounts of bizarre pseudo-associative humor.

Peace,
dh4l
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Lopuszanski
United States
Windham
Connecticut
flag msg tools
So hear me roar! RAWR! (Or ask me about it)
badge
Her Serenity, The Lady of Pain.
mbmbmbmbmb
Was this posted in the Math Trade notification page? I never got a note that this was up...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Leuchtenburg
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stexe wrote:
Was this posted in the Math Trade notification page? I never got a note that this was up...
Maybe you hadn't visited the notification list since the last notification you received. That makes it stop sending you notifications. This is true even if you click the link and get a page saying "this post has been deleted" - you still need to go visit the actual thread before you'll get notifications again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
dyfrgi wrote:
... since the last notification you received
which reminds me to notify everyone not to miss the season finale of Fringe this Tuesday... guest star is Leonard Nimoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aksosa wrote:
I will have to miss the Angels & Demons Math Trade because I'd didn't particularly care for the Davinci Code movie.
How could anyone not care for a movie with Audrey Tautou staring in it?

That's going to be the biggest problem with this prequel, no Audrey

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Martel
Canada
Stoneham
Qc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stexe wrote:
Yep, it was, sorry you missed it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Smalley
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry everyone for not submitting my list. I thought that I had done so and was out of town so I didn't get akosa's reminder. :(

Judging by who wanted mine it would not have made any difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Palmarozzi
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just one somewhat reluctant trade...

Medieval Merchant for Agricola - I went on a crazy expedition on BGG to find someone willing to sell/trade MM and I finally got it so I was reluctant to trade it. I played it once and it didn't do too much for us. I've got enough games that I should really want to play anything I bust out so I made a small want list and off it went.

The main reason I got it was to fill that 6 player, 1 hour time slot but games like Bohnanza, Saboteur work just as well for fun factor. I've wanted Agricola or some sort of non confrontational economy type game for a while. So I'm somberly happy.

My Pandemic, Beowulf, Bolide, Dungeon Twister, $10 GC combo didn't trade again. I don't have any games I seriously want now so I'll look at any trades but if someone has GCs they don't want that would be ideal...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Anyone happen to have the address of the notification page so I don't have to go looking for it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
seppo21 wrote:
Quote:
Anyone happen to have the address of the notification page so I don't have to go looking for it?
it's actually pinned... near the top of this page click on "Trades" (as in "BoardGameGeek » Forums » Gaming Related » Trades") and you'll see it pinned along with the MT guide threads, etc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Finke
United States
Cumming
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the policy for leaving feedback for the person you send your game to during a Math Trade? Obviously you leave feedback for the person you get a game from, but I don't know what to do for the other person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
finke67 wrote:
What is the policy for leaving feedback for the person you send your game to during a Math Trade? Obviously you leave feedback for the person you get a game from, but I don't know what to do for the other person.
see http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Math_Trades#toc7 (math trade guide) 2nd to last bullet... btw, it is a wiki page folks... edit at will to make it more usable (like make this tid bit more visible, it is kind of buried)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Roney
United States
Ladera Ranch
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
finke67 wrote:
see http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Math_Trades#toc7 (math trade guide) 2nd to last bullet... btw, it is a wiki page folks... edit at will to make it more usable (like make this tid bit more visible, it is kind of buried)
Perhaps this is not the place for this comment, but I have been having problems getting feedback for games that I shipped! I still have not received feedback (or geekmail notification) for two games I shipped in January, in addition to two items which were shipped (and delivered) last week.

I left neutral feedback for the early January one after sending two reminder geekmails. That particular person had also let the original trade offer expire before reissuing it.

I have been debating about the late January one, but probably need to send one more geekmail to remind them. They posted their "shipping" about the time the package was delivered, so that may have been their indication that they received it, but still is not the appropriate behavior.

I usually hold off on giving feedback until I have received notification from the person that they have received what I sent, and I leave feedback for items received as soon as I get them and look inside.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Epp
Canada
Abbotsford
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received my first neutral feedback from a person who is sending me a game through this math trade... cry

Not sure why, as I sent the trade proposal right after the auction was completed to provide my shipping details... he quickly accepted & then immediately posted the neutal feedback (stating "shipping side of math trade"). soblue

I guess he figured neutral is okay, but isn't that viewed on the negative side by other users (especially for myself, who has only completed a few trades)? I tried emailing him (nicely) to find out why he posted it as neutral, but received no reply yet.

According the the math trade guide, my understanding is that it is generally a good idea to post positive feedback regardless of which side of the trade you are on, unless there is a truly "neutral" or "negative" experience (communication/etc).

Maybe it's not a big deal to get a neutral, but I was sure proud of all my positives until now...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Wyka
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jepp wrote:

Maybe it's not a big deal to get a neutral, but I was sure proud of all my positives until now...
Inexperienced math traders will sometimes do that. Those of us who have participated in many have occasional neutrals due to this. At least he stated why. I have a neutral with no explanation! angry

Just send him a geekmail and let him know the protocol for next time. People who are insistent about leaving a neutral when sending won't find themselves trading all that often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Fred
United States
Southwest
flag msg tools
badge
Fez.
mbmbmbmbmb
I hear you Joe. Worse, I got my only "negative" from a guy who was perfectly happy with our trade. He simply made a mistake. For reasons that are entirely unclear to me, BGG doesn't seem to be willing to fix this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a way to see a trader's rating in the OWLGLWLG without having to jump to BGG? I find myself doing a lot of cross referencing between sites and end up losing my place as I go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8  |