Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
I can still beat the Nemesis Beast!
badge
Solo Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Having played a few games of the Playtest Scenario which uses a symetric setup, we decided to have a go at creating something which is a bit more uneven. So I give you 2 non-symetric S.W.A.T playtest scenarios of our own design.

S.W.A.T Playtest Scenarios

Although I created these Scenarios for personal use, I have been convinced to share them here. I have never played Advanced Wars and I don't profess to know what direction the authors of this excellent tabletop version of the game intend for future scenarios.

These Playtests are not first drafts (there have been changes made after playing a few times) however they are by no-means a finished product either. Someone who studies the maps may pick up on some of the tactical challenges you have to overcome and the decisions that need to be made.

I would appreciate any ideas or comments, especially if there are any errors that we haven't spotted.

EDIT: Updated file link
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
Shaun, at first glance they look really fun! I will have to give them a go as soon as I can. I really like the build rules in the first scenario as well as the factory placements as I think it will make for some tense decision making on the part of the red player.

The river mechanic is also very cool in the second on and I am much more of a asymetrical scenario fan myself anyways I have a few that I am working on now that I hope to have for you guys in a week or two. I just haven't had time to playtest lately with race season starting up again

edit: grammer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my experience with the Advance Wars video game, going first on a symmetric map is usually a pretty big advantage. A lot of asymmetric maps are more interesting for this reason. You can mitigate the advantage of the first player by putting him in a slightly weaker position.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Escobar
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, these are great! I especially like the river bridge thing on the second map. I would have never though of something like that. Very cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Albani
Germany
Achern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We Tried "3 Player Playtest 3" yesterday...
Warning, this map is a litte broken and the victory conditions need to be houseruled!

The win-condition is: earn 50 bucks!

But u get 10 every round, u wait 5 rounds without buying, u won!
Also the factory of red is within 6 reach ou blue´s. so if one of them saves their money, the factory can be blocked by an anit air unit (or other unit with 6MP) and so the other player HAS TO WAIT TILL HE WINS!
(That happened to me ;-P )

So maybe the 50 Bucks rule should only count if you have, lets say, 3 Towns! And maybe even 80 or 120 Bucks instead of 50!

Greetings,
Johannes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zzzz zzzz
msg tools
the link dose not seem to work anymore any new ones

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.