Popular Tags: [View All]
J B
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering if there were stores in other parts of Nova Scotia that sell Euro games and such, but aren't well known outside the local area. I live in Halifax so we have no problem going to the local game stores and looking around, but we also travel around a lot and I wondered where else we could be looking for games.

I have found that Gametronics in New Minas has a small, but good selection of board games (Pandemic and Power Grid amoung them) and that R.D. Chisholms in Kentville has started to carry higher end board games (Lost Cities Board Game, Ticket to Ride, etc).

Any other places out there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, Mind Bender Toys in the Greenwood Mall has a pretty good collection I hear from game playing friends in the Valley.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/120302 ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking for a high quality Crokinole Board in the province? Muzzies' Crokinole makes board out of their place in Melvern Square.

http://muzzies.ca/aboutus.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Truro

Looks like there are two possibilities in Truro for games;

The Batter's Box Collectibles and Game Zilla (which also has stores in New Brunswick)

Has anyone been in? Next time I'm in that part of the province I will have to wander in and see what they have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Selkirk
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do my primary game shopping at Gamezilla. They offer a host of board and computer games, miniatures and game parts and dice. Also card games and gaming clothing. Joe, the owner, also frequents sales and will pick up old boardgames and put a reasonable price on them. If I'm looking for a certain wargame, he'll find it or order it.
He used to feature game nights in the backroom, but I'm not sure if still offers this. The store opens at 10:00 everyday.
Highly recommended to stop in and look around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Selkirk
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wilkie's, as you are probably aware, is now located just off the main drag in Bridgewater. Ian still has loads of older wargames, but sells everything involved with gaming. He left his Robie Street shop in Halifax about 15 years ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Selkirk
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Batter's box collectibles is just that. John asks a fairly stiff price for his mostly sports memorabilia. He also deals in fantasy but nothing historical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hear there use to be a store in Amherst and maybe one in Antigonish. Anyone know for sure if they are open and what they might be called??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Selkirk
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never known of hobby gamestores in either Amherst or Antigonish. However, Antigonish might be the better bet because of St FX and the college students. Good luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Selkirk
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now, Steve Newberg used to run Simulations Canada out of Elmsdale, but quit that 20 years ago. I finally tracked him down near the coast west of Halifax several years ago. But he has since moved to the West coast of B.C.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What about Sydney Games and Collectibles? They claim to have games, but what kind of games I wonder...anyone??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Selkirk
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Never heard of Sydney Games and Collectibles in all the times I've been there, but will check it out. The best place for games, I've found, in Kentville, is the Salvation Army. They usually have something at a cost of about 50 cents.
Good luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have stopped into the Kentville Salvation Army a few times and they had some games but nothing for 50 cents! I hear there is a good Salvation Army in Middleton as well, but I do not know what their game selection is like. I hope to get there sometime this summer to look it over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to facebook Sydney Games and Collectibles is at 269 Towsand Street and sells board games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james bullen
Canada
amherst
NS - Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a store in Amherst and Antigonish a few years ago but both have since closed up. Wilkies in Bridgewater just carries old stuff and reminds me of the show Hoarders... you have to dig to find anything. Coolworlds was in Wolfville forever but I guess they closed down in the last year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stellarton Nova Scotia has a store called " Scotia Vacuums & Toys" which have a limited selection of games...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt C
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol? Ralph at Batter's Box has about 4 bookcase-style shelves full of board games. He has more stock than pretty much anywhere I've seen in Nova Scotia, new and old, and is planning on adding more.

Needless to say, this is where I always do my BG shopping in Truro.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A store recently opened in downtown Sackville, New Brunswick called "Enigma Comics and Games". Not sure what it's focus is; I haven't been there yet. They have a facebook page with contact information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Hartlen
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does Batter's Box stock Wargames, or Eurogames?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j l
Canada
Saint john
flag msg tools
Try Monster comic Lounge in Halfax great store
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Mac
Canada
Valley
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Batters Box in Truro has lots of Euros - GREAT store!
I also like Monster Comics in Halifax.

I'd say these two have the best selection in the province.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I went to Batter's Box today and they really do have a lot of games. Three tall bookcases full and the owed said he expects to have another one soon. Plus a few games on the shelf besides. Saw a copy of Luna on the shelves which I knew was hard to fine..but left it for someone else

Also stopped by Game Zilla and they had a few games as well. Truro is pretty well supplied.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Scotia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There isn't a single store in New Glasgow that I know of that sells any type of boardgames beyond casual/party games. There seems to be people that play here but no one has taken the dive to start a store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
seaban wrote:
There isn't a single store in New Glasgow that I know of that sells any type of boardgames beyond casual/party games. There seems to be people that play here but no one has taken the dive to start a store.
Well, that's not totally surprising. New Glasgow isn't that big! I doubt a store like that would last long.

But it sounds like Truro might be your best bet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |