Recommend
38 
 Thumb up
 Hide
257 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [11] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: The Carl's Finally Back in Michigan math trade Discussion List rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Anderson
United States
New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Discussion related to The Carl's Finally Back in Michigan math trade.

GeekList: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/43168

Request list: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/43169

Please visit the GeekList for dates, times, rules, and policies.
7 
 Thumb up
23.06
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Anderson
United States
New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
NOW OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS

My want lists:

#pragma user "carl67lp"
# Confirmation code: am6MzVza0LP8GRFERTYOtQ
# Thu Jun 11 18:22:51 2009


(carl67lp) 0003-COLARE : 0584-TTAASOC 1561-TTAASOC 0543-ROADS 0985-ROADS 0036-ELGRA 0347-GALTRU 0702-GALTRU 1493-HANNI 1278-CHINA 0135-FURYD 0908-FURYD 1262-FURYD 1393-FURYD 0302-UNION 1108-CUBA 0507-ANTIK 1052-ANTIK 1128-ANTIK 0074-STEROC 0748-STEROC 1459-SHOWM 1331-KREML 0763-WOWTB 1072-WOWTB 1511-WOWTB 1679-WOWTB 1307-TZAAR 0360-KELTIS 1295-FDC33BS 0720-FDCIR 0721-FDC11MLB 1228-AN6TSACSI 1466-AN7ABAB 1195-SMAWOR 0258-RTTA 1388-ABBEY 0677-COSENC 0716-COSENC 1082-COSENC 0939-GALEMP 1248-FORMU 0885-ASTAR 1018-ASTAR 0283-CFAS 1494-DTRTL 1155-EDELS 1505-UNDER 0187-BOOTL 1312-BOOTL 1038-AOSETONM 0144-AMUNRE 0171-AMUNRE 0200-AMUNRE 0606-NOTRE 0627-TPIP 0673-YS 0105-DIACLU 0555-FDC31A 1296-FDC31A 1001-MDART 0434-DTWOD %0043-MONEY 0529-MONEY 1219-RAZZI 1527-FISTD 0033-CTB

(carl67lp) 0005-FORMU : 0584-TTAASOC 1561-TTAASOC 0543-ROADS 0985-ROADS 0036-ELGRA 0347-GALTRU 0702-GALTRU 1493-HANNI 1278-CHINA 0135-FURYD 0908-FURYD 1262-FURYD 1393-FURYD 0302-UNION 1108-CUBA 0507-ANTIK 1052-ANTIK 1128-ANTIK 0074-STEROC 0748-STEROC 1459-SHOWM 1331-KREML 0763-WOWTB 1072-WOWTB 1511-WOWTB 1679-WOWTB 1307-TZAAR 0360-KELTIS 1295-FDC33BS 0720-FDCIR 0721-FDC11MLB 1228-AN6TSACSI 1466-AN7ABAB 1195-SMAWOR 0258-RTTA 1388-ABBEY 0677-COSENC 0716-COSENC 1082-COSENC 0939-GALEMP 1248-FORMU 0885-ASTAR 1018-ASTAR 0283-CFAS 1494-DTRTL 1155-EDELS 1505-UNDER 0187-BOOTL 1312-BOOTL 1038-AOSETONM 0144-AMUNRE 0171-AMUNRE 0200-AMUNRE 0606-NOTRE 0627-TPIP 0673-YS 0105-DIACLU 0555-FDC31A 1296-FDC31A

(carl67lp) 0006-QUEEN : 0584-TTAASOC 1561-TTAASOC 0543-ROADS 0985-ROADS 0036-ELGRA 0347-GALTRU 0702-GALTRU 1493-HANNI 1278-CHINA 0135-FURYD 0908-FURYD 1262-FURYD 1393-FURYD 0302-UNION 1108-CUBA 0507-ANTIK 1052-ANTIK 1128-ANTIK 0074-STEROC 0748-STEROC 1459-SHOWM 1331-KREML 0763-WOWTB 1072-WOWTB 1511-WOWTB 1679-WOWTB 1307-TZAAR 0360-KELTIS 1295-FDC33BS 0720-FDCIR 0721-FDC11MLB 1228-AN6TSACSI 1466-AN7ABAB

(carl67lp) 0008-TTAASOC : 0584-TTAASOC 1561-TTAASOC 0543-ROADS 0985-ROADS

(carl67lp) 0010-DIAMA : 0584-TTAASOC 1561-TTAASOC 0543-ROADS 0985-ROADS 0036-ELGRA 0347-GALTRU 0702-GALTRU 1493-HANNI 1278-CHINA 0135-FURYD 0908-FURYD 1262-FURYD 1393-FURYD 0302-UNION 1108-CUBA 0507-ANTIK 1052-ANTIK 1128-ANTIK 0074-STEROC 0748-STEROC 1459-SHOWM 1331-KREML 0763-WOWTB 1072-WOWTB 1511-WOWTB 1679-WOWTB 1307-TZAAR 0360-KELTIS 1295-FDC33BS 0720-FDCIR 0721-FDC11MLB 1228-AN6TSACSI 1466-AN7ABAB 1195-SMAWOR 0258-RTTA 1388-ABBEY 0677-COSENC 0716-COSENC 1082-COSENC 0939-GALEMP 1248-FORMU 0885-ASTAR 1018-ASTAR 0283-CFAS 1494-DTRTL 1155-EDELS 1505-UNDER 0187-BOOTL 1312-BOOTL 1038-AOSETONM
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Anderson
United States
New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
OFFICIAL LISTS

http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/43168-officialwants.txt

And the results:

http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/43168-results-official.txt

Although the results are listed as "official" in the filename, they won't be truly official until 7pm. But, it's Sunday dinner time for me, so I figured I'd post.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Epp
Canada
Abbotsford
BC
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a start date for adding games, or is it open for submissions effective immediately?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet. I've been waiting for a new math trade!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Anderson
United States
New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
jepp wrote:
Is there a start date for adding games, or is it open for submissions effective immediately?


Immediately. I'm big on instant gratification!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bartel
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
carl67lp wrote:
If you're posting a gift certificate, I strongly suggest you donate 3% to BoardGameGeek, just as if you had sold an item for the same value.


Carl,
Shouldn't this read as:

Quote:
If you're accepting a gift certificate, I strongly suggest you donate 3% to BoardGameGeek, just as if you had sold an item for the same value.


If one is posting a GC, they would be buying a game (in essence), not selling it. The seller should give BGG the commission, not the buyer.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Anderson
United States
New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
homiefud wrote:
carl67lp wrote:
If you're posting a gift certificate, I strongly suggest you donate 3% to BoardGameGeek, just as if you had sold an item for the same value.


Carl,
Shouldn't this read as:

Quote:
If you're accepting a gift certificate, I strongly suggest you donate 3% to BoardGameGeek, just as if you had sold an item for the same value.


If one is posting a GC, they would be buying a game (in essence), not selling it. The seller should give BGG the commission, not the buyer.


Either, or. Since it's a suggestion, it doesn't really carry any weight anyway, but it seems to me that the person performing the monetary transaction (the GC poster) should do so.

Besides--even on BGG, I think everything is automated commission-wise, so I'd imagine that technically it's the buyer who pays the commission (it just comes out of the sale price)...the seller doesn't do anything.

In any case, like I said--it's a suggestion, so it matters not to me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
suggest rule(s)... Re: The Carl's Finally Back in Michigan math trade Discussion List
I see the "guideline"
Quote:
You should choose a photo that best represents the game you are trading (language, edition, and the like). If there are none suitable in the database, pick the one that's closest and make a note in your item listing. In general, hitting the Tab key to leave the GAMEID field, then tabbing out of the Image field, will choose the "representative" image. This is often exactly what you want.

But I suggest a "rule" that says one must also STATE (in words) that info... ie such as:
Quote:
3. * You must accurately describe your game's condition, language, edition, etc. If you do not then the condition will be assumed to be "like new" and complete, English language version. Do not simply say "as pictured" as it's not always obvious. When in doubt though, folks should post a comment to the item and/or geekmail the item's owner with questions.

That's because from experience when it comes to MT items being listed a picture is not worth a thousands words but a few words is...

* the odds are very high that the image is the default/representative image not one specifically choosen by the lister

* even when the lister explicitly chooses an image the odds are also very high that the image is not representative of the edition, language and the like

* even if the image was explicitly choosen and does correctly represent the edition, language and the like... the odds are also very high that those putting it on their want lists will not look that closely if at all at it (especially when most math trades these days one of the rules is that edition/language must be explictly stated or it's assumed to be English etc).... even if one clicks on the image to view it in a larger size it's still often hard to tell which edition/language/etc

By the way I also suggest a rule to make sure folks inventory their games... I may be almost up to 1/2 a dozen times now I've received games that were missing pieces I try to cover this with a rule like:

Quote:
3.5. * For games not brand new (in shrink) you must inventory the game's components and list anything missing. Do not assume it's complete (I've been on the receiving end 2 or 3 times thus far where the owner assumed and it wasn't)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Anderson
United States
New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Thanks Jeff. I've modified the header a bit. To those reading this: Consider what I have in the GeekList header to essentially all be rules, more or less.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Anderson
United States
New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
PLEASE NOTE

Thanks to anglotiger I was reminded to add this note:

* Outside the scope: Aside from GeekGold, gift certificates, and games (of course), you may also post items of a "geeky" nature. Use your discretion, but know that if you stray too far from common sense, I will remove your entry. Think things like DVDs, video games or systems, tropical islands with beautiful secluded beaches...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sturm
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome back, Carl! Did you bring any jobs with you? We need 'em bad, buddy!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Anderson
United States
New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
King Friday wrote:
Welcome back, Carl! Did you bring any jobs with you? We need 'em bad, buddy!


Thanks!

Didn't bring any jobs...but the irony is that I actually had two job offers at MSU. (Stinkin' U-M didn't even call me back. Jerks.)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Sytsma
United States
Wyoming
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome back to the mitten! I see your redwings micro badge but wheres your Lions one?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Anderson
United States
New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Commandex wrote:
Welcome back to the mitten! I see your redwings micro badge but wheres your Lions one?


Umm... I must have left it in Arizona. Yeah, that's the ticket!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Leuchtenburg
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
carl67lp wrote:

Besides--even on BGG, I think everything is automated commission-wise, so I'd imagine that technically it's the buyer who pays the commission (it just comes out of the sale price)...the seller doesn't do anything.


It's automated in that BGG keeps track of how much you, as a seller, owe. Otherwise, it's not automated. BGG doesn't actually process payments, so it can't take a percentage on its own.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Anderson
United States
New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
dyfrgi wrote:
carl67lp wrote:

Besides--even on BGG, I think everything is automated commission-wise, so I'd imagine that technically it's the buyer who pays the commission (it just comes out of the sale price)...the seller doesn't do anything.


It's automated in that BGG keeps track of how much you, as a seller, owe. Otherwise, it's not automated. BGG doesn't actually process payments, so it can't take a percentage on its own.


Good to know. Thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Davis
United States
Sewickley
PA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my first Math Trade, so I'm unfamiliar with how this works. I've read the wiki page http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Math_Trades#toc7, but was confused on this part of the rules:

You must submit a want list for each game you are offering. If you don't want to trade, submit a blank list.

Is this something we do now, or do we wait until after the Summary of submissions posted?

I know it is probably a dumb question, but I don't want to mess something up.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Anderson
United States
New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Ruskicowboy wrote:
This is my first Math Trade, so I'm unfamiliar with how this works. I've read the wiki page http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Math_Trades#toc7, but was confused on this part of the rules:

You must submit a want list for each game you are offering. If you don't want to trade, submit a blank list.

Is this something we do now, or do we wait until after the Summary of submissions posted?

I know it is probably a dumb question, but I don't want to mess something up.


The official want list submission period is not available until the list closes; check the deadlines for info on that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Davis
United States
Sewickley
PA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
carl67lp wrote:
The official want list submission period is not available until the list closes; check the deadlines for info on that.


Thanks for the clarification. That is what I thought, but I just wanted to make sure.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Anderson
United States
New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Ruskicowboy wrote:
carl67lp wrote:
The official want list submission period is not available until the list closes; check the deadlines for info on that.


Thanks for the clarification. That is what I thought, but I just wanted to make sure.


Happy to help! Best of luck in your first math trade...you'll quickly find them to be addictive.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calavera Despierta
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Carl - you rock! I've been waiting for a new MT! They've all been no-ship lately!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Anderson
United States
New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
MScrivner wrote:
Carl - you rock! I've been waiting for a new MT! They've all been no-ship lately!


Yeah, I figured my year-long moderator hiatus was about up. Gotta try to retake the #1 spot!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a clarification as I normally am on trades using OLWLG... We submit everything by geekmail right? There isn't any schmancy website we need to monitor?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sturm
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
carl67lp wrote:
King Friday wrote:
Welcome back, Carl! Did you bring any jobs with you? We need 'em bad, buddy!


Thanks!

Didn't bring any jobs...but the irony is that I actually had two job offers at MSU. (Stinkin' U-M didn't even call me back. Jerks.)


Pfff ... you know us Ann Arbor types. We don't let just any old joe in this place. These days, you wanna live here, you gotta be hooked up with the Dharma Initiative!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [11] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.