Jan Horinek
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
Dan Dare, 1950
badge
Stairway scare, Dan Dare, who's there!
mbmbmbmbmb
hey guys, i am in San Diego right now and wanna ask if you can recommend any good game shops here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eryn roston
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yeeshkul wrote:
hey guys, i am in San Diego right now and wanna ask if you can recommend any good game shops here

welcome to San Diego! I hope you enjoy your stay. You've managed to avoid our notorious "June Gloom" at least for now so enjoy the beach while you can!

As for game shops. Here are the three I know of.

Game Towne in Old Town is the closest one to the city-proper of San Diego. As you go north into the surrounding parts of the county you get to Game Empire which is in Clairmont Mesa.

Finally at the northern edge of the county in Vista is Pair-a-Dice.

I personal think Pair-a-dice is the best of the three. Game Empire is pretty good and it has an impressive play area with lots of miniatures players.

Game Towne is a run-down old cave of a place with some good games. But it's kinda scary in there

If you are looking for a game while your in town PM me and let me know. Perhaps we can throw something together.

-E
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uncle Potato
Other-Middle East
Jerusalem
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know anything about this place, but found it through a Google search. It could have what you're looking for.

http://www.gameempire.com/index.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott B
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
baditude wrote:
yeeshkul wrote:

welcome to San Diego! I hope you enjoy your stay. You've managed to avoid our notorious "June Gloom" at least for now so enjoy the beach while you can!

As for game shops. Here are the three I know of.

Game Towne in Old Town is the closest one to the city-proper of San Diego. As you go north into the surrounding parts of the county you get to Game Empire which is in Clairmont Mesa.

Finally at the northern edge of the county in Vista is Pair-a-Dice.

I personal think Pair-a-dice is the best of the three. Game Empire is pretty good and it has an impressive play area with lots of miniatures players.

Game Towne is a run-down old cave of a place with some good games. But it's kinda scary in there

If you are looking for a game while your in town PM me and let me know. Perhaps we can throw something together.

-E

I agree with everything Eryn said.

Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls