United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Next week I'm heading to Dublin, Ohio for some Oracle Database training. I'll be there all week, so of course I'm interested in finding out what game stores might be in the area.

The only likely candidate that Google turned up for me was "Ravenstone Games & Hobbies" so I'll definitely be checking it out. Anyone know of others nearby?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Dunn
United States
Galloway
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Responding from Dublin OH.....

I can go ahead an recommend The Guardtower in Columbus probably 15-20 minutes from Dublin.

I thought they had a website, but can't find it.....

google: "guardtower columbus ohio" for directions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devon Harmon
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I second the Guardtower. Their phone number is (614) 488-4311. You wouldn't even need to get on the freeway to get there from Dublin. I think they are on Trabue Road.

I lived in Columbus for 4 years (moved away last year), and they were by far my favorite game store. I still stop in there whenever I make it back to town. They are open until midnight, and there is always some sort of gaming going on. Todd and Michael are very friendly and fun to chat with.

For the sake of completeness, there is also Ravenstone Games and the Armory (which is in Pickerington). There uesd to be a place called the Soldiery (on North High, behind the Laughing Ogre), but I haven't been in there in years. If you go to Ravenstone, they are difficult to find. The first time I went there, I had to call them to get specific directions. It turns out I was actually in their parking lot when I called. The store can't be seen to easily from the parking area, but it is there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Witchey
United States
Laguna Hills
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What happened to the Drowsy Dragon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Kinney
United States
Bellefontaine
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Devon Harmon wrote:
I second the Guardtower. Their phone number is (614) 488-4311. You wouldn't even need to get on the freeway to get there from Dublin. I think they are on Trabue Road.

Sure is. From Dublin, depending on which side of the river you are on, you can follow 'Dublin Rd' or 'Riverside Drive' (aka US33) south to Trabue Rd, turn left (west) and The Guardtower is a bit past the railroad tracks on the right in a tiny strip mall/office building.

Typical retail prices, but decent selection of recent games, some wargames, and oodles of minis and RPG stuff.

There is also a 'Hobbyland' in a strip mall on Sawmill Rd (Still in Dublin) that is mostly plastic models/trains but had a rack full of Rio Grande titles last time I was there.

They both are easy to find in google maps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to everyone for the great suggestions!
I knew my fellow geeks wouldn't let me die of game store starvation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Sauer III
United States
Circleville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Drowsy Dragon's owner was raped and nearly killed while at work ... Store closed right after that ...

Do not forget the Soldiery on High Street ...

-----------------------------------------------------

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deep Thought
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
The Chrono Trigger represents potential. Results require action.
badge
It is not a certainity, but I have come to believe it possible that some entity wished for us to witness these events. Perhaps it wanted us to see all of these various ages.
mbmbmbmbmb
Roughly in order of increasing distance from Dublin (and also store size from what I can tell), it's Ravenstone, the Soldiery, and the Guard Tower.

Links:
http://ravenstonegames.net/mainpage.html
http://www.thesoldiery.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls