Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

My wife (a non-gamer) will be visiting Edinburgh July 1-14 with her father to track down relatives and check out the haunts of her grandfather who used to be a merchant marine.

I was wondering if there are any games that might be hard to find in the US at an Edinburgh game shop, like Battlelore crafted out of haggis, or maybe some Chili-Spiele games available at a retail shop, for example.

Also, can someone get me a good deal on a kilt?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So it goes
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
If you can't walk, crawl. If you can't crawl..... well, you know the rest.
badge
Any game is the right game with the right crowd.
mbmbmbmbmb
craniac wrote:
Hi,

Also, can someone get me a good deal on a kilt?

Thanks!
What clan?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan MacPhail
Scotland
Edinburgh
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Games - Toys Galore on Morningside Rd stocks a dozen or so of the more popular basics (Carc, Settlers etc). Black Lion Games on Causwayside has a deeper, broader selection, but you'll not find any mega-bargains or ultra-rare goodies.

Re: Kilts - Expect to cough up £300 for a proper kilt, and £75 or so for an informal leather sporran. You can sometimes pick up ex-hire gear for half price, but it will be well worn (beer/chunder stains, badly darned cigarette burns). Alternatively, you can pay £20 for a novelty "kilt" from a tourist shop, but you wouldn't use it to clean the chain on your bicycle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My son is doing the clan research, but kilts sound too spendy given my scottish-by-marriage connection. Maybe it will be cheaper to ship a chili-spiele game to Edinburgh and fly it home, so I may try that. Thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Rutt
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be in Edinburgh in early Aug for vacation and want to pick up Factory Fun since it is so dang expensive here in the states. I sent Black Lion an email to see if they have it in stock and will cross my fingers.

thanks for the post MC and info, Chad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls