Popular Tags: [View All]
Brett
United States
Santa Clara
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am attempting to find an FLGS while I am in Houston. I am currently visiting family in Humble, and was curious if there were any gaming shops around the area. I attempted to drive to one I found on google last time I was in town, however it was no longer there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, but that's not my side of town. I'd suggest giving out a shout on the Houston Gamers site. http://board.houstongamers.org/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett
United States
Santa Clara
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem. I know there is one down in Pearland, but I don't want to drive that far. I may do that, but just wanted to check the board first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Midnight Comics is awesome.

Google it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Nan's Games and Comics (off 59 and Shepherd/Greenbriar) is much closer (although still pretty far from Humble) than either Pearland or Midnight Comics. They have the best selection in all of Houston as far as I'm aware - but they do charge full MSRP for everything.

There are also all-day game group sessions every Saturday in the West/Northwest regions so if you are interested in joining us for some gaming - let me know and I can at least point you in the right direction.

(In fact - we are going to be playing Space Alert and Smallworld Saturday evening out in Katy, so Midnight Comics would be on the way)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Speedracer513 wrote:
Nan's Games and Comics (off 59 and Shepherd/Greenbriar) is much closer (although still pretty far from Humble) than either Pearland or Midnight Comics. They have the best selection in all of Houston as far as I'm aware - but they do charge full MSRP for everything.

There are also all-day game group sessions every Saturday in the West/Northwest regions so if you are interested in joining us for some gaming - let me know and I can at least point you in the right direction.

(In fact - we are going to be playing Space Alert and Smallworld Saturday evening out in Katy, so Midnight Comics would be on the way)

Where does this group meet? I would be interested in coming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Shampoo4you wrote:
Where does this group meet? I would be interested in coming.

The normal Houston Gamers meetup this week is at the T-House on the Northwest side (address: 10826 Grant Rd, Houston, TX 77070) and it will run from about noon till 11pm.

But there are a few of us in the Katy area that normally don't go all the way up there and sometimes we just get together at 3rd Coast Cards (address: 20829C Kingsland Blvd, Katy, TX 77450) instead. 3rd Coast has a lot of table space and it is usually pretty open (populated mainly by MagicTG and Yugioh players, but there are usually at least a few open tables for us boardgamers).

You can check out our guild page for more info: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/536
We're not always very active on the guild page, but the calender (which includes addresses for gaming venues) at the bottom is fairly accurate.

This particular week, I will not be going to the T-House, but at least myself and 2-3 other gamers are planning on meeting up at 3rd Coast somewhere around dinner time. The brother of one of our 'regulars' is in town and apparently he wants to try Space Alert and Smallworld (both of which I have).

I will geekmail you my email address and phone # in case you want to coordinate something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
The three main venues for our meetups are the T-House, 3rd Coast Cards, and Midnight Comics (with a somewhat organized rotation between them). Most Saturday meetups run from about noon till midnight, with people coming and going as needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls