Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeffrey Inks
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina (NC)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be visiting the area next week on vacation and wanted to see if someone could direct me to a couple good FLGSs in the Wilmington, NC area.

Thanks,

JeFf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Massey
United States
Teachey
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Casual wargamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's not alot of FLGS in Wilmington but there is a Toy's R US that has games. It's on Oleander Drive in Wilmington near College Rd. Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Inks
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina (NC)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info. I think I have been to that Toys R Us...it's a bad habit. The one here in Fayetteville has abandoned any kind of non-standard game and I have stopped dropping by the store.

JefF

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff,

As Lee mentioned there are no FLGS's to speak of. We had one for a while but they closed down. However, we do have an active group here in Wilmington, so if you are looking to get in on some gaming we typically play on Thursdays and have somewhat of a crapshoot of pick up games on the weekends.

Let me know if you are interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Herron
United States
Johnson City
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Never play block wargames with a dentist, they have those little mirrors to peek behind the block.
mbmbmbmbmb
Be sure to see the USS North Carolina, NC State Acquarium, and Ft Fisher if you get a chance. If you have not seen them before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Medina
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sherron wrote:
Be sure to see the USS North Carolina...

The USS North Carolina is definitely a "must-see".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Newton
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm working on opening a board game/card game store in Wilmington and hoping to launch mid Nov. I'll try to come back and post a more firm date when we are ready but we are going to lease a building with around 2600 sqft and plenty of playing room. We will only be doing magic the gathering and strategy style board games at first but might expand into others depending on demand. I'm also looking into running some catan tournaments, etc but trying to figure out the legality of payouts etc.

If you all have any suggestions I would love to hear them and please come by and check out the store once it's open or come play on one of our tables. It will be called Cape Fear Games(www.capefeargames.com) and more info will be posted on the site as we get moving.
-Heath
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Westin
msg tools
Cape Fear Games has been up and running for 3.5 years now and is located at 3608 Oleander Dr in front of the Independence Mall. If you are ever back in town, be sure to stop by and play some games. They have a huge demo shelf and plenty of free playspace. The Wilmington Board Game Group still meets every Thursday (except for Thanksgiving) at CFG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Newton
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
awestin wrote:
Cape Fear Games has been up and running for 3.5 years now and is located at 3608 Oleander Dr in front of the Independence Mall. If you are ever back in town, be sure to stop by and play some games. They have a huge demo shelf and plenty of free playspace. The Wilmington Board Game Group still meets every Thursday (except for Thanksgiving) at CFG.

Whoops, I guess I forgot to update this thread like I said I would 3+ years ago. So yeah, we are open now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Woelkers
United States
Bristol
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
I will be in the Wilmington area Apr. 6-9, and looking for some folks to play some Memoir 44 at Cape Fear Games. I have enjoyed playing M 44 for about 9 yrs. Been to WBC for 5 times. Looking forward to some good combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Newton
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Looking forward to seeing you here! Make sure to post in our FB group as well so more of the locals will see it. https://www.facebook.com/groups/CFGBoardGames/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls