Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Cooper
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Game Chest is a good store with great collection of games. Prices can have a bit of a mark-up, but the trip is still worth it.

2137 Valley View Mall, Dallas, TX 75240
(972) 490-7814

http://local.yahoo.com/info-18736402-game-chest-dallas?csz=D...

CLOSED

To see a list of ALL game shops in DFW -- http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/43848

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, exceptional selection here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Genghis Ahn
United States
San Clemente
California
flag msg tools
Sometimes You Are Wrong !
badge
Coolest Promo Ever ! Stonewall Lives
mbmbmbmbmb
And supports a terrific & diverse gaming group

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
I have found the staff very friendly here, though they are out of the way for me, so I have never come to one of their game nights.

Brad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hands down the winner in the DFW area. Sure, the comic stores have some games, but Game Chest has the best selection and MOST knowledgeable staff. For example, they know that "Shadow Hunters" is NOT a collectable card game.
TK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SPM
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bcooperok wrote:
The Game Chest is a good store with great collection of games. Prices can have a bit of a mark-up, but the trip is still worth it.

2137 Valley View Mall, Dallas, TX 75240
(972) 490-7814

http://local.yahoo.com/info-18736402-game-chest-dallas?csz=D...

To see a list of ALL game shops in DFW -- http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/43848

This store is closed, and I believe for good. A pity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Confirmed. They have not reopened anywhere else. Closed forever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
tkelly wrote:
Hands down the winner in the DFW area. Sure, the comic stores have some games, but Game Chest has the best selection and MOST knowledgeable staff. For example, they know that "Shadow Hunters" is NOT a collectable card game.
TK

Madness Comics and Games has a great game selection and at least some of their staff is knowledgeable on games. They also have a large gaming area.

Brad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stephen stover
United States
lake dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I helped open that location with Mr. Tennant in the fall of 1991. I worked for him for 4 days building the shelves and putting up a kite on the ceiling. We have to sprad the stuff out on the shelves for opening day becasue half his stock had not come in. The first store front was right in the center of the mall before he started moving around ending up down th elong hall. I went over today to browse and maybe pcik up something when I found it was gone. A couple years ago he told me that the business was getting hard to sell english games and toys when the clientel was becoming more spanish language based. He has family down in Lousiana.... i wonder if that is where he went?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Casas
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Wow! 1991!... i was a frequent albeit long distance customer of Game Chest. Kevin at the cash register, Tennant re-stocking goods and Brian helping with selections... good folks... I also recall a frequent browser fellow with a walking cane, too...

and, yes, the store moved around a bit in different locations...

it was my favorite haunt to pick GMT, ASL, S&T mags and anything else that met my "need"... also, wasn't the store in a strip center at the corner of Alpha Rd and Monfort?... Games Plus comes to mind...

Good Times

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Clevenger
United States
Sunnyvale
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For a few years game chest opened up a store in Collin Creek mall. It closed down a few years ago but I thought he might move over there once valley view cratered. And that writing has been on the wall for a while now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls