Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Haggard
United States
New Whiteland
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to let those in the Indy area know, that my brother will be opening his store, Blue Moon Gaming, by Labor Day Weekend.

The store will be located near the intersection of SR 67/SR 42 in Mooresville, IN. If you happen to be in the area drop by and say hello.

During the first few weeks, it may be a little hectic (schedule changes) as we work out the best nights for open gaming. We are also preparing a demo schedule. Our goal is to offer many different styles of games which we will rotate through the demo schedule. But, please be patient. It will be worth it. While our stock maybe limited during the initial few weeks, we are able to place orders, which usually arrive within 1 week.

Wish us luck and we hope to see you there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck with your venture!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Celso Távora
Qatar
Doha
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A little too far away from Brazil, so I won't go.

But I wish you all the best!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Daulton
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm on the NE of Indy, so probably won't make it down there. But it is nice hearing of another gaming source!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrienne
United States
SAN JOSE
California
flag msg tools
badge
Fierce Fish Win the Cup
mbmbmbmbmb
Best of luck! If/when I am in the area, I will stop by for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Miller
United States
Mishawaka
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
papersith wrote:
Just wanted to let those in the Indy area know, that my brother will be opening his store, Blue Moon Gaming, by Labor Day Weekend.

The store will be located near the intersection of SR 67/SR 42 in Mooresville, IN. If you happen to be in the area drop by and say hello.

During the first few weeks, it may be a little hectic (schedule changes) as we work out the best nights for open gaming. We are also preparing a demo schedule. Our goal is to offer many different styles of games which we will rotate through the demo schedule. But, please be patient. It will be worth it. While our stock maybe limited during the initial few weeks, we are able to place orders, which usually arrive within 1 week.

Wish us luck and we hope to see you there.

Greetings from South Bend, Indiana here!

This is indeed good news!

As far as I can tell, Indy has been completely without since the Boardroom closed a while back. Never did get the full story on that, but life goes on, eh?

Looks like I'm going to have to make one more drive down to Indy before the summers out. I'm quite fine with that. Love the town. Almost all of my in-laws live there, the zoo is wonderful, the Rathskeller is the best German food in the country, my beloved Indianapolis 500 takes place every year, and oh, I don't know... there's something else... yearly...

Oh, yeah.

GenCon!

I hope you guys have everything in order. These days, shops are dropping like flies. Old and well-established places all over the country, that I never thought I'd see the end of, have met silent fates in the last year or so. But that's pessimistic, so let's not think about it!

You guys will be great! Good luck, and I'll see your wonderful new venue when I get down there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Avon
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doc Robot wrote:

As far as I can tell, Indy has been completely without since the Boardroom closed a while back. Never did get the full story on that, but life goes on, eh?

There are two Indy game stores that I'm aware of, since Boardroom Games closed - The Game Preserve and Games To Die For. I emailed the owner of Boardroom Games when I saw the store was empty but never got a reply. Too bad... that place was a good addition to Broad Ripple.

Anyway, welcome to Indy and best of luck! I'll definitely make the trip to stop in once you're up and running!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Schuth
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are actually three stores that I know of very close to Indy:

Games to Die for exists on Rockville Road just west of Indy.

Game Preserve has two stores in the Indy area, one at the Keystone Mall and one just north of the Greenwood Mall.

Good luck to you guys at Blue Moon Gaming! I go through the area occasionally to get to Bloomington as a relief from 37. I will have to stop by.

Questions:

1. Do you guys have a proper address yet?
2. What is the story behind the name of the store?

Regards,

David Schuth

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Haggard
United States
New Whiteland
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrteacherusa wrote:

Questions:

1. Do you guys have a proper address yet?
2. What is the story behind the name of the store?

Regards,

David Schuth

Well the lease was signed today, so yes he has the proper address, but I do not have it to post as of yet. If you are familiar with Mooresville, it is located next to the old BMV at Pioneer Point.

As for the name, there was this great little comic store that we used to frequent in the early 90's, Blue Moon Comics. It is our way to pay homage to the place that provided us tons of enjoyment during our teen years.

Thanks for all of the support. Our goal is to provide a store that gamers want to come in and play games/ shop. We have felt the customer service has gone by the wayside (not just in gaming stores, but in most service shops.) That is why we want to have open gaming, demos and various other programs to truly support the hobby. Currently we have friends donating terrain for miniature gaming, my current board games will be made available along with a collection of Star Wars Minis and Magic cards. Our hopes are high and we are hoping that everything works according to plan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls