Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Elijah Lau
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the game designer that clearly thought through what makes the 2nd Lebanon War and has put those elements in the game in a simple manner. I like how the game put me in the shoes of the Israeli commanders, hitting infrastructure targets for no better reason than raising domestic opinion, even though I knew it had no military benefit.

So the flavour is there. Gamewise, I can't really criticise that there don't seem to be lot of decisions to make, because I think the designer is trying to show how constrained Israeli options were. But the game is highly random, particularly the missile rolls. Too many 6s there and it's over.

My suggestion to fix that - rolling six on the missile rolls would have no effect until Turn 8, whereby the original rule would kick in. This would be more realistic and more playable. The Israeli public would more likely give the government a chance to prove itself early in the war but a serious rocket attack later in the war would have a dramatic swing on public opinion. And the rule would mitigate freak rolls of 6 early in the game, which would leave no chance for the Israeli player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.