Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Ian [+] [View All]
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

It's coming up on Halloween. What? No really, we are. I have to make a costume!

So, giraffe or monkey for the will-be-17-month-old? I'd say it would be a giraffe, but I'm not sure how to make the next look right, apart from making the neck where his head is, and sticking a giraffe head on top. And I'm not doing that. Any suggestions?

WAIT! What am I doing!? I don't have time for this! I'm not even done with my quilt!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
BAD TOUCH!!!
badge
Ohh yeahh! That's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't decide, both are cute ideas.

I did find costumes for you and Jeff...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
More Coffee!
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe this will trigger some creative ideas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
BAD TOUCH!!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or this?

Still can't decide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meega, nala kwishta!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
Frog!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
admin
All engines full to awesome land!
badge
*tap* *tap* Is this thing on?
mbmbmbmbmb
Gireffe, put his legs on the front legs of the beast, his head on the body and the neck above his head. You could even put a speaker on the month to scream at people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Alberg
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Whoopee Doopee, we have fun!
badge
You lost the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't know there were giraffe and monkey super heroes...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meega, nala kwishta!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
Spielfreak wrote:
I didn't know there were giraffe and monkey super heroes...
Yeah! Green Lantern! He could be Drib-lor Green Lantern for sector 4823! How awesome would that be?

Edit: look what I found!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Ah ha!

http://thevikingprincess.blogspot.com/2007/11/easy-giraffe-c...

Edit: Okay, you'll have to click the link to see the picture.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb

Sammy was a monkey last year...

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
BAD TOUCH!!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That Giraffe pattern looks like it's made for a girl. How about something more manly?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
That Giraffe pattern looks like it's made for a girl. How about something more manly?

Oh the pride Amy would have if this were the costume.

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DKahnt wrote:
tickmanfan wrote:

-DK

Perhaps she'll have the courage to dress up her son in this.

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DKahnt wrote:
DKahnt wrote:
tickmanfan wrote:

-DK

Perhaps she'll have the courage to dress up her son in this.

-DK

I'd be lyin' if I didn't say I was considering this for Sammy.

(okay, I'm done)

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Foxy McFoxface
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
what about a Skunk? for the little stinker!

My daughter wanted to be a giraffe for halloween a couple years ago and I just couldn't figure out how to do it, luckily she changed her mind before I started the costume.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

I think we have to go with monkey, because if the boy looks in the mirror and sees himself as a giraffe, his head will asplode.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geeky McGeekface
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Exhibition games have already started in Florida and Arizona. Baseball is right around the corner!
mbmbmbmbmb
At the risk of being a curmudgeon, I'm afraid your premise is flawed, Amy. The middle of August is not "coming up on Halloween". Neither is September. October is coming up on Halloween--a full month is enough!

Don't mean to be crabby, but I get so tired with seeing the constant "holiday creep" in the stores. Christmas stuff on November 1st, or even earlier. Back to school stuff in early July--my god, the kids just got OUT of school! We already see Halloween stuff showing up in late August; it wouldn't surprise me to see it begin even earlier in the month.

Does anyone actually buy stuff for the holidays this early? The Halloween stuff is the worst, since most of it is candy. Do you want to be handing out two-month old candy to kids on October 31? I have to think most of the sales go to people who say they're buying it for Halloween and then find an excuse to eat it themselves long before the day arrives.

I realize the stores are just trying to maximize revenue, but to some extent it seems self-defeating. It also starts diminishing the holidays for me. Part of the fun of them is their special, once a year nature. But when you start seeing Christmas decorations in the stores in late October, it just makes you tired of it all by December. I know they've all become commercialized, but do you really have to make it that obvious?

Okay, end of rant. Plan your cute Halloween costume for your kid. But I really don't want to have to think about that holiday for another six weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
It takes that amount of time to make a costume... so I don't mind if we're talking about this early.

So I think that we ought to ask ponderchimp or winkles which one is best...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
Larry Levy wrote:
At the risk of being a curmudgeon, I'm afraid your premise is flawed, Amy. The middle of August is not "coming up on Halloween". Neither is September. October is coming up on Halloween--a full month is enough!

Was in Michael's last Friday night and said to the wife, "Wow, the Halloween stuff is out already." Turned a corner and said "Yougottebekiddingme, some Christmas stuff is out already!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffwiles wrote:

I think we have to go with monkey, because if the boy looks in the mirror and sees himself as a giraffe, his head will asplode.

I think we may have failed to point out an important fact: The boy LOVES giraffes. He has four or five books with giraffes in them. He has three stuffed giraffes. There are giraffes on all his sheets. He has two blankets with giraffes on them. Hang on... I'm just not getting this point across...

Sucks Meh Good Awesome

Bananas XXXXXXX
Pears XXXXXX
Diaper changes X
Elephants XXXXX
GIRAFFES!!!! XXXX[COLOR=#FFFFCC]

There. That should do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony C
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My boy was a giraffe his first Halloween. Monkeys are played out.
Of course, he was the Flash one time and half the people called him Flash Gordon.
I vote giraffe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
amwiles wrote:
I'd say it would be a giraffe, but I'm not sure how to make the next look right, apart from making the neck where his head is, and sticking a giraffe head on top. And I'm not doing that.

Um, yes you are. Because it's an awesome idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffwiles wrote:
jeffwiles wrote:

I think we may have failed to point out an important fact: The boy LOVES giraffes. He has four or five books with giraffes in them. He has three stuffed giraffes. There are giraffes on all his sheets. He has two blankets with giraffes on them. Hang on... I'm just not getting this point across...

Sucks Meh Good Awesome

Bananas XXXXXXX
Pears XXXXXX
Diaper changes X
Elephants XXXXX
GIRAFFES!!!! XXXX[COLOR=#FFFFCC]

There. That should do it.

I think what you meant to say is that giraffes go all the way to 11.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Foxy McFoxface
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
He loves giraffes? That is sooooo cute! He MUST be a giraffe then, no question.

hmmmmm

-Or-

He could be a safari guy with pith hat and all and have him carry a stuffed animal giraffe.

BTW- does he say 'giraffe'? does he have a super-cute pronunciation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jatoha wrote:

BTW- does he say 'giraffe'? does he have a super-cute pronunciation?

It's his favorite freakin' word.

"IR-affe!!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.