United States
Fairmont
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. Game #3 is almost ready for playtesters! I've got no name for it, if you'd like to help check this thread:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/435231

I closed the poll. Final name above.

It's a solitaire game that uses a few decks of cards to represent Maya/Inca ruins and the stuff you find there. It's got some interesting mechanics, namely, depleting "stats" that force you to chose carefully how to handle each room if you hope to make it out alive.

There's the main character. Vic Venture, Adventurer.

Playtest copies will be out soon!

Thanks!
Chevee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chevee Dodd
United States
Fairmont
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For anyone interested, I finished up the art for the "treasure" deck last night (8/23.) For playtesting the cards will be very basic line art but I like the design, so ultimately, the final versions will be something similar to what I've got right now, just in color, and with a background and all that jazz...

Here's a sample of an item from the "treasure" deck and a room card:

I was going to send out playtest copies without images on the room cards, but I think I've decided that I can finish them quickly enough to at least have the line art done... so I'm going to wait a bit longer until I can get it done. Gives me a chance to come up with a name as well.

Chevee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chevee Dodd
United States
Fairmont
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
9/14/09

Playtest copies when in the mail today. I've got a few people playing the game locally, but I'm really excited to see what everyone else thinks... I like the game, feel it's challenging enough without taking the fun out of it... but who knows? Maybe it can use more? Maybe playtesters will mold it into something great?

Time will tell.

Chevee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chevee Dodd
United States
Fairmont
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1/17/10

Well, it's certainly been a while.
I'm working on finalizing the second playtest set... hopefully today I'll have it honed into something I like and I'll work on printing some stuff up. I've started a thread to focus on the design and layout of the cards, which shows the nifty artwork for the backs.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/485005/vic-venture-and-t...

Chevee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.