bpp complete
msg tools
This wasn't that big of a deal before the expansion (because Cain has a multi-skill in the same colors as her normal skills), but do you choose what colors you draw for a multi-skill before or after you draw your other skill cards?

The manual (for the original game; the expansion manual does not mention any of this) is contradictory on this point. On page 9, we have

Quote:
Some character sheets list multi-colored skills known as
multi-skills. When a character with a multi-skill receives Skill
Cards, he must first decide how many cards he will draw from
each type. The total number of cards that he draws must be
equal to the number listed on his sheet.
but right under it, we have, directly contradicting the above,

Quote:
Example: It is the start of Lee "Apollo" Adama's turn. He therefore
draws two piloting and one tactics Skill Cards according
to the skill set listed on his character sheet. He may then
decide
to draw two leadership or two politics Skill Cards - or
one of each - since he has a 2 leadership/politics multi-skill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Henry
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Roses are red...Microbadge: Pinball fanMicrobadge: AnarchistMicrobadge: Pinball fanMicrobadge: Karl Marx
Just off feeling I would say decide then draw Just like at the start of the game, you just say "I want 2 green and 1 purple".

I don't think you get to draw a green, get an XO, draw green, get an XO again, then think that's enough XOs, give me a purple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: GHS memberMicrobadge: Battlestar Galactica fanMicrobadge: The Geek Citizenship Recognition Program Rolls On!Microbadge: Firefly: The Game fanMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level V - My God! It's Full of Stars!
The wording is a little unclear, but clear enough once you know what they mean. It's been answered either in the FAQ or online here somewhere....

Apollo (and others) can look at his required colour draws before deciding his variable colour draws. But he must decide his variable colours before seeing any of them.

Gerry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Offline from The Geek for a whileMicrobadge: Christian
GerryRailBaron wrote:
The wording is a little unclear, but clear enough once you know what they mean. It's been answered either in the FAQ or online here somewhere....

Apollo (and others) can look at his required colour draws before deciding his variable colour draws. But he must decide his variable colours before seeing any of them.

Gerry.
No, I don't think that is correct. I belive you must decide on what colors you will draw before drawing and looking at any of them.

So Apollo must decide between his Leadership and Politics mix before seeing his Piloting and Tactics cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I agree with Brian.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Unfortunately, I can't find the answer anymore but I know it was discussed. It was agreed the rule book is a bit ambiguous in how it stated its example. But the rules as written imply decide then draw. I'll shoot off an email to Corey to settle it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Microbadge: ProfessorMicrobadge: ChemistMicrobadge: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind fanMicrobadge: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past fanMicrobadge: Dune fan
fatetwister64 wrote:
Just off feeling I would say decide then draw Just like at the start of the game, you just say "I want 2 green and 1 purple".
Since we have the people nearest the draw piles distribute the cards, this is exactly what we do. You say which ones you want, they collect them and hand them to you all at once. We never look at the cards until we have them all.

Of course, this isn't so much a factor of the rules so much as the ease of handing out the cards. It's annoying to have to hand one person their cards in multiple sets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Let's make it official...

Mendosa wrote:
You must declare which cards you wish to draw before drawing any of them.

I hope this answers your question!
-Corey Konieczka
Fantasy Flight Games
Game Design and Development
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls