Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
the bits guy
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be in Stavanger for business in September, can you kind fellow geeks recommend some stores to visit while there please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Manning
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
designer
err... I like boardgames!?!
badge
D'oh! I bought overtext even though I have nothing interesting to say.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no idea what game stores there might be in Stavanger, but I can say that thanks to Ticket to Ride: Nordic Countries, I have at least heard of the place (and even have a rough idea where it is).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only been in Stavanger once myself, so I'm definatly not familiar. But I know for a fact there is a big community of board gamers there. The only shop I know for certain is Outland (which have 7 different shops around Norway), this is a map to the one in Stavanger: http://www.gulesider.no/kart/#lat%3D6541428.83622%26lon%3D31...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the bits guy
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Tor, I'll definitely check this one out.

Any more good addresses, anybody?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been to Outland a couple of times and it is an excellent store sitting in the middle of the city centre. There are not many other good games stores around as far as I know. But it has been a while since I've been there, so it might have changed by now.

Another good idea is to check a White Dwarf (Games Workshop's game magazine). They have a list of shops all over the world that sell Warhammer/Warhammer 40k and those shops often also have a much wider stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls