Popular Tags: [View All]
Dean Rekich
United States
Lyndora
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In a little bit I am going to be in the Sandusky OH area for a few days. Are there any board game stores in or near Sandusky? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Volk
United States
Richfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
http://www.mortificationofspin.org/
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a lake house near Sandusky, and there are no stores within a half hour of which I am aware.

The closest good store I know of is Underhill Games in Cuyahoga Falls. There are some stores in Cleveland as well.

Be sure to have some Danny Boys pizza while in Sandusky. It is on 250 just south of Rte 2 and it is the best pizza on the north coast!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manchuwok
Canada
Mission
BC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cedar Point?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Volk
United States
Richfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
http://www.mortificationofspin.org/
mbmbmbmbmb
Just went to Cedar Point last Friday. The weather is outstanding right now.

But, no boardgame stores at CP. Just a lot of awesome roller coasters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Medina
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
manchuwok wrote:
Cedar Point?

What is this "Cedar Point" of which you speak?

Jay, do you have any ideas?

I am not aware of any game stores in Sandusky, but maybe someone else around North-central Ohio can help you. I know there are a few in the Northeast and Northwest Cleveland area, such as Recess Games at Great Northern Mall (North Olmstead). But that has to be at least an hour from Sandusky. Underhill's Games in Cuyahoga Falls is a good 90 minutes away from Sandusky, so that might be a little too far to travel if you are only in Sandusky for a few days.

You may be out of luck - I am just not familiar enough with that area of Ohio to give you any advice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angus the Bull
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NADA in Sandusky that I've seen when I'm out that way. Closest would be Infinite Monkey Comics & Games in Oberlin, OH AFAIK. Last time I was there it was still named Matrix Games and only stocked 4-5 boardgames. It was geared more towards the D&D / CCG crowd. The cleveland area selection has gotten smaller lately with the closure of at least two games stores I know of.

On a different note, definately check out Toft's Dairy for ice cream. Portions are overly generous and it's made on site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Truesdell
United States
Uniontown
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tofts is a must visit. I did find the hero zone on the Internet which says it is in downtown Sandusky. Never been but they have a website. Google hero zone Sandusky and you will see it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls