United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a heck of a time even finding this game on the 'Geek so if you are reading this you must be dedicated!

I picked this up at GenCon on a whim when Zev said it was the newest thing and since they were out of the Pandemic expansion.

It sat on my desk for a week before I turned it over and saw the tiles on the back. I was intrigued by the four corner fighting action and the look of the artwork was very cool.

I knew immediately that my 8 year old son would love this one and so we broke it open over the weekend. We were glad we did!

We played about five times, the first time without the special tokens at all to get a feel for the mechanics. It worked well enough even on that level but became really interesting when you started pulling out all the stops to get certain castles. We breezed through the rules and missed the one about the roman numerals on the castles counting as the # of victory points so keep that in mind when you are playing.

We both enjoyed it and finished each game in about 15 minutes with pretty quick action. There are lots of layers to the strategy and may places for novice strategists to go wrong by focusing on what seems urgent for what is most important for that player.

I enjoyed the game and will be breaking it out a lot as a filler 2-player game when we are waiting for the 3rd or 4th to arrive to play another game for sure.

One more thing, the components are nice and the theme works well with the mechanics of the game too. No plastic organizer/insert needed or included either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Lopuszanski
United States
North Wales
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
So hear me roar! RAWR! (Or ask me about it)
badge
Her Serenity, The Lady of Pain.
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. A publisher reviewing the game from a different publisher? Hmm...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah... maybe I should login on my personal account for reviews next time. I should mention that I have no affiliation with Zman. My son and I really liked the game though! We will be playing again tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Stexe wrote:
Interesting. A publisher reviewing the game from a different publisher? Hmm...

Not sure I understand what's so interesting or why you ended your statement with "hmm..."

I imagine most publishers are in the business because they like, and play, games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bauman
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the review. This does look like a good quick filler game, and the components are probably decent considering the publisher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ramon Mercado
United States
Stafford
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally got my copy

My fiance and I are constantly looking for 2-player games (I hope that is a good sign), and Batt'l Kha'os is definitely up there. Some of the 2 players out there turn to be too simple loosing their appeal after a few go around, but that is not the case with Batt'l Kha'os. As Seth points out, there is plenty of strategy to consider.

I also like how well constructed it is, and for only $20 bucks!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.