Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a follow up to my prediction thread. Please don't answer the polls until you've played several games with Pegasus.

Feel free to expand and caveat below.
Poll
Now that you've played the expansion multiple times (preferably 5+), what are your thoughts on the game?
1. Compared to the base game, how did the expansion shift the balance?
Overwhelmingly Pro-Cylon
Significantly Pro-Cylon
Mildly Pro-Cylon
No Change
Mildly Pro-Human
Significantly Pro-Human
Overwhelmingly Pro-Human
2. With the Pegasus expansion, how often do the Cylons win?
Cylons win almost all the time (80%+)
Cylons win a significant Majority (60-80%)
Cylons win slightly more often
Balanced
Humans win slightly more often
Humans win a significant majority (20-40% cylon win)
Humans win almost all the time (0-20% cylon win)
      19 answers
Poll created by Bankler
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm torn between voting mildly pro-human and significantly ... I think the humans have an edge, but not a significant one. It's been pretty even, I think the humans may be up one game.

I was going to list reasons, but I think I'll hold off for now. We typically play 5 players with no leaders, since we don't like the agendas. That may affect our game. Note that I've played the least of our group ... I have 10 games. Some have 25.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Landon Sommer
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
Our games locally have always favored the Cylons and our cylon players just keep getting better. When the game shifts a little favor to the humans in our group, it still doesn't really make them win more often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
Oddly enough the humans have won the last 3 games after a Cylon winning streak of about 20. That said I want the game to be this hard. I want the challenge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:
Oddly enough the humans have won the last 3 games after a Cylon winning streak of about 20. That said I want the game to be this hard. I want the challenge.

Were those the first 20 games you played? (Alternately, were you rotating a lot of new players in?) A lot of people have found that the first several games (although 20 is a bit extreme!) tend to go to the Cylons, because the human players are still figuring out how to win the game, while the toasters just have to sit back and watch the humans screw up. ;-) But after people get the hang of it, the humans tend to win more often, because the players have learned how to effectively combat the game mechanics as well as Cylon interference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Snake? What happened? Snake! Snaaaaaake!
badge
Your eyebrows won't save you now.
mbmbmbmbmb
Locally we've found that players new to the game do much better as humans, this was changed when we started in with the expansion. After the initial shock of non-civy-population actually being important (from an every game perspective), we've come to find that with a little press-room cycling for preventative politics this can be dealt with easily. If Kat and Cain are in the game and human it can make it quite difficult for the Cylon leader to fulfill their agenda, even if it involves humans winning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.