Fabio T.
Germany
BaWü
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!Microbadge: Spirit Island fanMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars fanMicrobadge: Magic: The Gathering player
In our game yesterday, a human was in Detention when Galactica had already returned and he passed the skill check to get out.

Can that player go to any location (except Colonial of course), dropping a skill card if necessary, or is he restricted to New Caprica locations?

I'm asking this, because the base game rules specifically say that if you pass the brig-check, you may go to a Galactica location, but I can't find anything like that about Detention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim D
Belgium
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Plays Games With FamilyMicrobadge: Wikipedia userMicrobadge: Geek RegularMicrobadge: If I don't know, I Google itMicrobadge: I speak Belgian
the detention location reads: Action: pass this skill check to move to any location.
In my oppinion, this means any location available to that player at that moment of the game. So the player can move to galactica if it's in orbit. Moving between ships costs one skill card, so that remains.
Not allowed are hazardous locations, galactica when not in orbit, colonial one (is no longer in the game during the NC game - see rules) cylon locations for a human player, etc ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio T.
Germany
BaWü
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!Microbadge: Spirit Island fanMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars fanMicrobadge: Magic: The Gathering player
quit and nuts wrote:
the detention location reads: Action: pass this skill check to move to any location.
Sure, but the point is: The Brig location says just the same, but the RULES add "any location on Galactica"...

There's a lot of stuff in the Expansion rules and FAQs about Detention being treated like the Brig in (almost) every respect, so that's what brought up the question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Pinguet
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Fast Action Battles fanMicrobadge: Level 06 BGG posterMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Battlestar Galactica - Play by BGG Forum fanMicrobadge: Leaping Lemmings fan
We encountered the issue is PBF Game 10 "Xtreme"
Ruling from Corey was that you could move from the brig to Colonial 1 (expending a card)

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/412077/page/38

middle of the thread
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio T.
Germany
BaWü
flag msg tools
Hey, thanks for the hint!

So that would mean, when you leave the brig or detention, you may go to any location currently available, discarding a skill card if necessary?

(too bad he didn't say Colonial or Pegasus...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Clementson
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: There's always room for one more!Microbadge: Geek RegularMicrobadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Level 07 BGG poster
I'd take Corey's clarification to mean "move to any legal location, discarding a card if necessary".

So you could move from Detention to a New Caprica location for free or to Galactica, Colonial One or Pegasus by discarding a card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One for the FAQ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls