Fabio T.
Germany
BaWü
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!Microbadge: Spirit Island fanMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars fanMicrobadge: Magic: The Gathering player
Can a revealed Cylon play the "Bomb on Colonial One" Super Crisis in the New Caprica phase when Galactica has returned?

The rules say that Colonial isn't available anymore at that stage of the game, so thematically it wouldn't make much sense. But on the other hand this SC is mainly about losing 2 morale...

Edit: typo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Emerson, Lake & PalmerMicrobadge: Jeff Wayne's War Of The Worlds fanMicrobadge: Prog Rock fanMicrobadge: Yes fanMicrobadge: Dream Theater fan
I would assume that at this stage Colonial One is still on the ground waiting for evacuation, which is why it is not available. If the game were to continue beyond New Caprica (another expansion?) then it should become available again.

In this case I don't think there would be any problem blowing it up while on the ground.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio T.
Germany
BaWü
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!Microbadge: Spirit Island fanMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars fanMicrobadge: Magic: The Gathering player
I have never seen the show, so I don't know where Colonial is at that point. But since there is nothing in the rules or anywhere, we played that it COULD be blown up.

Thanks for the opinion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Medieval Theme fanMicrobadge: Isleworth BoardgamerMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: EurogamerMicrobadge: Roman Empire buff
Colonial One served as the President's Office/Quarters on New Caprica. If there is a roughly corresponding location on the New Caprica board, you could play that it is blown up by Bomb on Colonial One...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrin Williams
United States
Allen
Texas
flag msg tools
I have overtext. Yes I do.
badge
I have overtext. How 'bout you !
Microbadge: Everyone you know probably has one of these inside themMicrobadge: "This must be what going mad feels like." — Simon TamMicrobadge: ChristianMicrobadge: "Ten percent of nothing is, let me do the math here, nothing into nothing, carry the nothin'..." — JayneMicrobadge: US Constitution
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Colonial one is on the surface during that part of the show, so you could thematically blow it up.

It makes sense that you could blow it up, but no one would be on board to go to sick bay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
Winter Garden
FL
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Fallout fanMicrobadge: Star Trek: Fleet Captains fanMicrobadge: Talisman fanMicrobadge: Star Trek: Attack Wing fanMicrobadge: MST3K fan
yeah, i would say all effects of the bombing, minus characters going to sick bay/medical center (or whatever its called on NC) would be appropriate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Landon Sommer
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
I would suspect that the Crisis could be played at anytime throughout the New Caprica phase. Colonial One was landed on the planet along with most of the civilian ships. There is no reason it couldn't be bombed while on the ground.

Especially while that guy Baltar was in it.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Emerson, Lake & PalmerMicrobadge: Jeff Wayne's War Of The Worlds fanMicrobadge: Prog Rock fanMicrobadge: Yes fanMicrobadge: Dream Theater fan
Crx3800 wrote:
I would suspect that the Crisis could be played at anytime throughout the New Caprica phase. Colonial One was landed on the planet along with most of the civilian ships. There is no reason it couldn't be bombed while on the ground.

Especially while that guy Baltar was in it.....
Thematically I agree with this, but in fact you can only do it after Galactica returns, because you don't have access to the Caprica location before that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
keenan kahnemouii
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Battlestar Galactica - I am a CylonMicrobadge: Settlers of Catan fanMicrobadge: Doctor Who fanMicrobadge: Star Trek fanMicrobadge: Firefly: The Game fan
I agree, you should be able to play the card and destroy Colonial One while on the surface of New Caprica, but as many are already speculating as to the next expansion I ask this…

What are you to do in space without the actions that Colonial one provide?

Sure the President title can change hands thru executions, and Quorum cards that you already have can be played. Unless I’m forgetting something, the destruction of Colonial One would take away the ability to draw Quorum cards thus taking away a curtail power of the presidential office.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
A trial needs witnesses and evidence not a coverup.
Microbadge: Tactical Space Combat Games fanMicrobadge: Star Trek fanMicrobadge: Proud GrandparentMicrobadge: Star Trek: Ascendancy fanMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars Fan
The President's role card allows her to draw a Quorum card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
keenan kahnemouii
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Battlestar Galactica - I am a CylonMicrobadge: Settlers of Catan fanMicrobadge: Doctor Who fanMicrobadge: Star Trek fanMicrobadge: Firefly: The Game fan
Mundane wrote:
The President's role card allows her to draw a Quorum card.

Oh yea, i just got PWND!

I can't wait to blow up Colonial One. Let overrun the government!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls