Subject: Storage Solutions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Li
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
With so many bits and pieces, how do you guys store this game away? I'm looking for a simple solution that will allow me to transport everything in my backpack. Does anyone have any creative/efficient method?

If you use some sort of stowaway box or something similar, please let me know the brand and dimensions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bah Doo
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is one of the few games where I prefer bags (ziplock) over trays. I've stored all race specific items (cards, tech, counters) in one bag per race with the individual items (counters especially) bagged too. All units are bagged per color.

When I play you can choose a race, grab the corresponding bag, and choose a color, and grab that corresponding bag.

Might not look very charming but works very well (for me). Of course, transporting this in a bagpack might cause some mayhem. However, I have transported my entire TI3 box in a 65l bagpack before to bring it to a gamenight, so ...

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nikku wrote:
This is one of the few games where I prefer bags (ziplock) over trays. I've stored all race specific items (cards, tech, counters) in one bag per race with the individual items (counters especially) bagged too. All units are bagged per color.

When I play you can choose a race, grab the corresponding bag, and choose a color, and grab that corresponding bag.

Might not look very charming but works very well (for me). Of course, transporting this in a bagpack might cause some mayhem. However, I have transported my entire TI3 box in a 65l bagpack before to bring it to a gamenight, so ...

Hope this helps.

I do the same thing with the bags. And then I have a storage tray which fits the cards and other tokens that are "universal".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Howitzer_120mm wrote:
Nikku wrote:

Hope this helps.

I do the same thing with the bags. And then I have a storage tray which fits the cards and other tokens that are "universal".

Ditto.

I found tiny containers for cheap that I've put trade tokens, fighters, troops, etc in their own container. I use bags for the various decks also.

Maus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm using ziplock bags for this. All the tokens, leaders, race techs, trade contracts, etc are seperate by race. So when I play a game, all you have to do is grab your race's goodie bag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn
United States
Pelham
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
this is how i store my game. minus the rubber bands now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I should note that I own the expansion, and that I fit everything into the base box.. It's a tight fit, but it works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn
United States
Pelham
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Howitzer_120mm wrote:
I should note that I own the expansion, and that I fit everything into the base box.. It's a tight fit, but it works.

Yup. The pic above is with the expansion as well. Would be nice if it all fit in the expansion sized box! Though, when i bust it out, it would not be as epic as slamming down that big coffin onto the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wessels
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Count me in as putting everything inside the original box too.

This thread inspired me to take a few minutes and photograph and document how I store my game. Details can be found on my personal games blog:

http://www.aworldwithoutstring.com/A_World_Without_String/Ho...

Cheers,
Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Li
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
fastfingers wrote:
Count me in as putting everything inside the original box too.

This thread inspired me to take a few minutes and photograph and document how I store my game. Details can be found on my personal games blog:

http://www.aworldwithoutstring.com/A_World_Without_String/Ho...

Cheers,
Steve

Fantastic. I also loved the TI overview in your blog.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.