Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sue Hemberger

Washington
Dist of Columbia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know where I can pick up a copy of the Pandemic expansion locally (I'm in Irvine on vacation)? Alternatively, which online game store ships most quickly to this area and just how quickly is that?

Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gill
United States
Chino Hills
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My favorite store is in Montclair, which is a 30 - 45 minute drive from Irvine. The obvious suggestion: call first.

9742 Central Ave. Montclair, CA 91763
(909) 626-6926

http://www.gameologyshop.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim C
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
www.brookhursthobbies.com

Unfortunately I haven't lived in the area for almost 15 yrs. I would've recommended Gamesmanship in the South Coast Plaza, but they've long since closed their doors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sue Hemberger

Washington
Dist of Columbia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nevermind. Looks like it didn't come out in August after all! I lived here 30 years ago, LOL, and remember Gamesmanship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Witchey
United States
Laguna Hills
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also try Comic Quest just off the El Toro exit south of Irvine on the 5.

Comic Quest
23811 Bridger Road, Suite #100,
Lake Forest CA 92630
www.comic-quest.com
949-951-9668

You could also try The Gamemaster in the Laguna Hills Mall also off the El Toro exit.

Game Master
(Laguna Hills Mall)
24155 Laguna Hills Mall Suite #1530
Laguna Hills, CA 92653
www.gamecenteronline.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill the Pill
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Toxidyne wrote:
You can also try Comic Quest just off the El Toro exit south of Irvine on the 5.

Comic Quest
23811 Bridger Road, Suite #100,
Lake Forest CA 92630
www.comic-quest.com
949-951-9668
Comics & Games
http://www.comicquest.org/
is the correct website (albeit a limited one).
First went to their old, old address back in 1986.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
smithhemb wrote:
Nevermind. Looks like it didn't come out in August after all! I lived here 30 years ago, LOL, and remember Gamesmanship.
Very unfortunately, Gamesmanship is no more.

Beware of prices at Game Master--know MSRP going in. I've seen MSRP+40%.

Comic Quest has an excellent selection of games.

Montclair is a little further away than that especially in rush hour (as you probably know). 50 minutes outside of rush "hour"; geologic time in rush "hour".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want some gaming while you're here, go to www.OCBG.net -- you'll be amazed at how gaming has expanded!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sue Hemberger

Washington
Dist of Columbia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, if Sunday weren't our last day in town, I might be tempted to head to the Duck Club.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gill
United States
Chino Hills
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:

Montclair is a little further away than that especially in rush hour (as you probably know). 50 minutes outside of rush "hour"; geologic time in rush "hour". ;)

Nobody voluntarily enters rush hour traffic in LA (or Orange County). As to the drive time, it depends on your interpretation of speed limits: are they merely advisory, or are they cast in stone?

Realistically, you are correct; 45 minutes to 60 minutes is probably more accurate. On a side note, I too have fond memories of Gamemanship; bought some of my earliest games there. Also remember Game Castle in Fullerton.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
smithhemb wrote:
Yeah, if Sunday weren't our last day in town, I might be tempted to head to the Duck Club.

Aww you should, Duck Club is awesome!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jschlickbernd wrote:
smithhemb wrote:

Aww you should, Duck Club is awesome!!
So true! My group meets the day before, too. Check my collection and let me know if there's anything you especially want to play.

OTOH, I can certainly understand not gaming on vacation!

If you do decide on the Duck Club, it's on a private road, so it doesn't appear on maps. You can get a map or instructions at www.OCBG.net, or I'd be happy to explain how to get there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Henry
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dice House Games

2493 E. Chapman Ave.
Fullerton, CA 92831 (map)
714-871-6494

Has served me pretty well in the few times I have gone there. They do discounts if you preorder something. And have a few events a month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sue Hemberger

Washington
Dist of Columbia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
OTOH, I can certainly understand not gaming on vacation!

Plenty of gaming on vacation, LOL -- my 4 y.o. nephew demanded Funny Fishing, Alpen Express, Lauras Sternenspiel, Viva Topo!, and Ribbit today, while the 10 y.o. asked me to teach him Shanghaien and then begged me to play Pente with him so he could win for a change. (My 11 y.o. daughter was running roughshod over him). After he won 2/3 against me (I suck at Pente), the two of them broke out Kamisado.

But it turns out I misread the date on the Duck Club (which I discovered when I looked up Walt's group). Thought it was this weekend. I'll be gone by next -- this is our last gasp of summer before school begins.

Maybe in December...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well the Gateway convention is this weekend. More info at www.strategicon.net. They have games for kids too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Martinell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jschlickbernd wrote:
Well the Gateway convention is this weekend. More info at www.strategicon.net. They have games for kids too.

Dang! I'm out of town this weekend! I'll just have to remember Orcon in February... or the one in Vegas in November.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Beeler
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Pretty soon, you've been around long enough that you're old.
badge
Why am I the only one who has that dream?
mbmbmbmbmb
We can probably find you a copy of Pandemic: Intrigue in Seattle, Sue. It's not that far away from where you are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Grey
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fatetwister64 wrote:
Dice House Games

2493 E. Chapman Ave.
Fullerton, CA 92831 (map)
714-871-6494

Has served me pretty well in the few times I have gone there. They do discounts if you preorder something. And have a few events a month.

Dice House Games is the place. 10% discount on special orders, but more often than not it's still cheaper to purchase games from an e-tailer. MSRP on Tide of Iron is $89.99 @ DHG, even after the discount it's still over $80. I can find it for around $65 shipped on a few BGG's vendors. We've still purchased Memoir 44, Ticket to Ride, Ultimate Werewolf, and Dominion from them. Priced close enough to e-tailer, immediate gratification, and we support our local mom & pop shop.

They're "conveniently" located near an tropical fish store too... or "viciously" located... I'm also an aquarist!

Other than that, there's also The Realm located in Brea. Haven't visited this store, however.

1021 E. Imperial Hwy
Brea, CA 92821
(714) 990-8450
www.therealmgames.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls