bpp complete
msg tools
The "consult the oracle" quorum card starts off with "Look at the bottom card of any 1 deck," which seems to imply I can use it to look at the bottom of the Crisis deck, the Destination deck, any skill card deck, the Destiny deck (which would be useless, as the rest of the card allows you to look at all of the destiny deck), the Super Crisis deck, and the Loyalty deck.

Are loyalty cards dealt in any particular order? Looking at the bottom of the loyalty deck might be a very strong choice. robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United States
Christiansburg
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Play more Inis
Microbadge: Root fanMicrobadge: Orléans fanMicrobadge: Washington Capitals fanMicrobadge: Lucky Owner of a War of the Ring Collector's EditionMicrobadge: Innovation Deluxe fan
I'm pretty sure the de facto method of dealing is starting with the player on your left.

That being said, I certainly have no further insight on the quorum card or loyalty deck interaction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Ringgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
I need a healer!
badge
Microbadge: I play with green!Microbadge: Ricochet Robots fanMicrobadge: Codenames fanMicrobadge: Rex: Final Days of an Empire fanMicrobadge: Factory Fun fan
I wouldn't consider a players loyalty cards a "deck", they are just cards assigned to that player. Just like his hand of skill cards can't be considered a "deck". Though come to think of it, the set of loyalty set aside for the sleeper phase is technically a deck. I would probably consider the individual piles of skill cards for decks, but I doubt anyone would ever choose one of them, so it doesn't really matter one way or the other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Offline from The Geek for a whileMicrobadge: Christian
Technically, Loyalty cards are supposed to be dealt to the player selected to go first at the beginning of the game, and then clockwise. And during the Sleeper Phase, they are dealt to the CURRENT player that triggered the Sleeper Phase, and then clockwise.

This was clarified by Corey when I started up the PBF games.

As far as the Loyalty "deck" it is called that in the rulebook so I would say it is a legal target of this card. But like everything else, Secrecy Rules still apply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Clark
United States
Clay
New York
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Level 01 BGG posterMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Technically, Loyalty cards are supposed to be dealt to the player sleected to go first at the beginning of the game, and then clockwise. And during the Sleeper Phase, they are dealt to teh player who is about to go next, and then clockwise.
Interesting! I'll need to keep this in mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Offline from The Geek for a whileMicrobadge: Christian
Carl Ramrod wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Technically, Loyalty cards are supposed to be dealt to the player sleected to go first at the beginning of the game, and then clockwise. And during the Sleeper Phase, they are dealt to teh player who is about to go next, and then clockwise.
Interesting! I'll need to keep this in mind.
Double checked my corresponence, during the Sleeper Phase, Loyalty is started with the CURRENT player not the next one up. Apologies. But it was bugging me so I looked it up again. I have changed my original post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Reubens
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!Microbadge: Silver Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Level 01 BGG posterMicrobadge: Atheist

Unless specifically stated as an option I would not consider the loyalty cards to be a deck. It really just does not seem to be the aim of the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bpp complete
msg tools
thaos52002 wrote:

Unless specifically stated as an option I would not consider the loyalty cards to be a deck. It really just does not seem to be the aim of the card.
If it were "crisis or destination" then it would say "crisis or destination," like "launch scout" does but with the top of the deck. It seems to go with the theme of the card quite well: you get a tiny bit of information that's probably not useful and more likely not what you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: 3.141 592 653 589 793 238 462 643 383 279 502 884 197 169 399 375 105 820 974 944 592 307 816 406 286 208 998 628 034 825 342 117 067 982 148 086 513 282 306 647 093 844 609 550 582 231 725 359 408 128 481 117 450 284 102 701 938 521 105 559 644 ...Microbadge: The Lord of the Rings fanMicrobadge: GayMicrobadge: Eldritch Horror fanMicrobadge: Battlestar Galactica fan
They are referred to as a deck, so I don't see the issue. It's not much different than looking at a random loyalty card belonging to a player. The difference is that you don't know who is going to get the card until they get it. But they don't know either!

You could also try to arrange to have a specific person get the bottom card by influencing the jump track before the sleeper phase.

It's probably more useful for looking at the bottom card that somebody buries with scouting, visions, or recon. Let's you double check that they didn't put something good on the bottom. Also good for checking the Admiral if he picked a destination that you suspect wasn't the best! I had thought of making an ability like this as a variant but it works better for a quorum card I think =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth
United States
flag msg tools
Snake? What happened? Snake! Snaaaaaake!
badge
Your eyebrows won't save you now.
Microbadge: Caffeine loverMicrobadge: This is not the microbadge you're looking forMicrobadge: Instant Human - just add coffeeMicrobadge: Steam userMicrobadge: Dark Souls II fan
This is a fun question. In a similar vein, you might want to consider the Agenda Deck if the CL is playing in a way that isn't obvious to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: 3.141 592 653 589 793 238 462 643 383 279 502 884 197 169 399 375 105 820 974 944 592 307 816 406 286 208 998 628 034 825 342 117 067 982 148 086 513 282 306 647 093 844 609 550 582 231 725 359 408 128 481 117 450 284 102 701 938 521 105 559 644 ...Microbadge: The Lord of the Rings fanMicrobadge: GayMicrobadge: Eldritch Horror fanMicrobadge: Battlestar Galactica fan
I believe unused agendas are returned to the box. Therefore, there is no agenda "deck" in play to look at.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth
United States
flag msg tools
Snake? What happened? Snake! Snaaaaaake!
badge
Your eyebrows won't save you now.
Microbadge: Caffeine loverMicrobadge: This is not the microbadge you're looking forMicrobadge: Instant Human - just add coffeeMicrobadge: Steam userMicrobadge: Dark Souls II fan
This hasn't come up yet (locally) since our presidents have had trouble navigating the expanded quorum deck. However nowhere in the rules does it indicate that the Agenda Deck is discarded. The only relevant reference is that the CL is to ``draw an Agenda Card from'' the appropriate deck. I would rule it that the Agenda deck is created (formed by number of players) and remains in play as does half the loyalty deck since we are not told to remove them from play. Of course until we have official word on this, the point is moot. The ruling is unlikely to matter since at best you have a 20% chance of finding the information that you want (presumably you can narrow down the CL to two win conditions and want to know which it is) and the Oracle card has much stronger uses targeting other decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls