In one of the agenda cards it says:
- the humans have won
AND
- you are infiltrating and not in the "brig" or "detention"

Since new caprica says that "cylon players cannot be sent to detention" it means that the only way to get cylon leader to detention is when he is infiltrating.

If the cylon leader is infiltrating, and gets to detention, and the admiral orders the final jump.... then the rule says:

"human players left on caprica are executed".

since the cylon leader was infiltrating, he is treated as human player, and is executed.

=> so, it's impossible for cylon leader to be in the "detention" when the game ends (which makes me wonder if I'm missing something... the card text mentions "detention")

Am I missing something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cactus god
United States
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Battlestar Galactica fanMicrobadge: Battlestar Galactica - I am a CylonMicrobadge: Adventures Gamers fanMicrobadge: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots fanMicrobadge: Merlin's Company Contest participant
TheMob wrote:
In one of the agenda cards it says:
- the humans have won
AND
- you are infiltrating and not in the "brig" or "detention"

Since new caprica says that "cylon players cannot be sent to detention" it means that the only way to get cylon leader to detention is when he is infiltrating.

If the cylon leader is infiltrating, and gets to detention, and the admiral orders the final jump.... then the rule says:

"human players left on caprica are executed".

since the cylon leader was infiltrating, he is treated as human player, and is executed.

=> so, it's impossible for cylon leader to be in the "detention" when the game ends (which makes me wonder if I'm missing something... the card text mentions "detention")

Am I missing something?
I dont think so. I think that the cylon player ending the game on caprica is fine. Since a cylon being executed loses no morale and is not essential to checking how the game ends, I think that the cylon would technically count as being in detention if the admiral says jump, regardless if he is executed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Walsh
Ireland
Lucan
Co Dublin
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I won this werewolf in a top hat microbadge from Level 99 Games!Microbadge: Pendragon: The Fall of Roman Britain fan
It's mechanically irrelevant in any case, since an executed Cylon Leader would be revealed, and thus no longer infiltrating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amaranth wrote:
It's mechanically irrelevant in any case, since an executed Cylon Leader would be revealed, and thus no longer infiltrating.
Yeh, that's what I think. It's irrelevant, so it bugs me that they mention irrelevant stuff in the agenda laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth
United States
flag msg tools
Snake? What happened? Snake! Snaaaaaake!
badge
Your eyebrows won't save you now.
Microbadge: Caffeine loverMicrobadge: This is not the microbadge you're looking forMicrobadge: Instant Human - just add coffeeMicrobadge: Steam userMicrobadge: Dark Souls II fan
I like the way this card is stated. Although it is impossible for the CL to end the game in detention it serves as a reminder to them that they will lose if they don't get out of detention. (They may otherwise forget about that whole pesky execution part; it's interesting that this is the only significant difference between ``you are not a cylon'' and ``you are joining the colonials.'')

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls