Subject: Game Shops in Paris rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul
Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I am off to Paris for a couple of days and I wanted to know where the best game shops are.

Can anyone reading give me the address of a couple of the best?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ballinger
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cheetor wrote:

I am off to Paris for a couple of days and I wanted to know where the best game shops are.

Can anyone reading give me the address of a couple of the best?
I liked Jeux Descartes:

http://www.jeux-descartes.fr/ecoles/

At first it was underwhelming, but then we found the stairs to the basement. Pretty good selection, and I picked up some Dungeon Twister in French.

There's another game shop close by that looked nice, but I don't remember the name or exact address. It was in Saint Germain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can second Jeux Descartes. And I didn´t find the stairs when I was there. Where are they? Behind that curtain?
Anyways, nice shop.

Edit: Ok, that´s because I was there: http://www.jeux-descartes.fr/meissonier/. They have more than one shop, evidently. And this one will close down soon and have special clearing sales till the end of september!

Source: http://estafette.forums-actifs.net/jeux-editeurs-auteurs-et-...

(sorry for the long link. My forum-fu is weak)

Have fun in Paris! It smells funny, but it´s great
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calavera Despierta
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Thanks for the info! I will be in Paris this summer and may try to arrange a trip there ("Oh look, hun, it's a French game store! I can't say no to a French game store!")

I guess the real question would be if they have copies of games that are unobtainable in the states...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Chevrel
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Hello,

A few shops I know more or less :

- L'Oeuf Cube : 24, rue Linné, 75005 Paris (lots of wargames, if I remember well, but non only)

- Jeux Descartes : 52, rue des Ecoles, 75005 Paris (maybe with the most "complete" assortment)

- Variantes : 29, rue Saint-André des Arts, 75006 Paris (not only chess and go, also german-style games)

- Docteur Stratagème : 42, rue Maubeuge, 75009 Paris (rather small)

- Oya : 25, rue de la Reine Blanche, 75013 Paris (eurogames, you can also play there, but you have to pay)

I wish you pleasant days a Parigi !

Eric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thank you all very much for your responses: I now have exactly the information that I was looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Moore
msg tools
What should we pick up in Paris that may not be easily available outside of France? (I'm assuming this means rules only in French, which would be OK)

I'm also going to be in Paris, during Essen (I'm there the 17th through the 23rd of October). Anyone know if new Essen releases come to game stores after the show, or are they sometimes available in stores at the same time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My trip to Paris was full of game shop goodness, thanks in no small part to the information that I was given on this thread.

( For the record (in case anyone is interested) I tried to pick up French games that would be hard for me to get my hands on at home. I bought Ca$h 'n Gun$, Ca$h 'n Gun$: Yakuzas and Ca$h 'n Gun$: Uzi in a bundle for ~50EURO which was a hell of a lot cheaper than it would have cost me to buy online. I also picked up the Descent: Journeys in the Dark – Quest Compendium – Volume One and a couple of miniatures from a French manufacturer. )

Thanks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls