Joe Taylor
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Our first 3-player foray into Pegasus (which I'll write a session report on later) brought up some questions we weren't able to answer with the rulebooks or FAQ.

1: The "Special Destiny" Treachery card makes each player draw a Treachery card. Does this include revealed Cylons? If it was part of a Crisis Card failure, I'd think not (unless it specifically mentioned Cylon players), but I argued in this case that it did. Another player made the point that if revealed Cylons can't be made to lose cards, they can't be made to gain them, either. Is there an authoritative answer to this?

2: When you reach a distance of 7 and move to the New Caprica phase, you leave any Cylon ships that were placed as a result of the Destination card on the board. What about Asteroid Mining (or whatever the name is) that requires you to find and resolve the "Scar" Crisis Card? We figured that Scar got left on the board, but it could be argued that the ship was put on the board due to the Crisis Card, not the Destination card (not directly, anyway).

3: How many times in a row can you use Maximum Firepower to reroll an attempt to destroy a centurion on New Caprica? Just once? Or as many times as you have cards to play? (We went with the latter since you can play as many Evasive Maneuvers as you want.)

4: Can a player at the shipyard move to Galactica when a Civilian ship is sent into orbit due to a Crisis Card (we had a player left stranded on New Caprica when the last ship was sent up by a crisis before she could activate the location -- and the admiral decided not to wait for her turn)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
A trial needs witnesses and evidence not a coverup.
Microbadge: Tactical Space Combat Games fanMicrobadge: Star Trek fanMicrobadge: Proud GrandparentMicrobadge: Star Trek: Ascendancy fanMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars Fan
tayloraj wrote:
1: The "Special Destiny" Treachery card makes each player draw a Treachery card. Does this include revealed Cylons? If it was part of a Crisis Card failure, I'd think not (unless it specifically mentioned Cylon players), but I argued in this case that it did. Another player made the point that if revealed Cylons can't be made to lose cards, they can't be made to gain them, either. Is there an authoritative answer to this?
I'd say yes since it doesn't say "human players."

Quote:
2: When you reach a distance of 7 and move to the New Caprica phase, you leave any Cylon ships that were placed as a result of the Destination card on the board. What about Asteroid Mining (or whatever the name is) that requires you to find and resolve the "Scar" Crisis Card? We figured that Scar got left on the board, but it could be argued that the ship was put on the board due to the Crisis Card, not the Destination card (not directly, anyway).
I'd say yes since the destination causes the placement even if it is indirect.

Quote:
3: How many times in a row can you use Maximum Firepower to reroll an attempt to destroy a centurion on New Caprica? Just once? Or as many times as you have cards to play? (We went with the latter since you can play as many Evasive Maneuvers as you want.)
The baord doesn't limit it so i think you can keep playing them and rerolling.

Quote:
4: Can a player at the shipyard move to Galactica when a Civilian ship is sent into orbit due to a Crisis Card (we had a player left stranded on New Caprica when the last ship was sent up by a crisis before she could activate the location -- and the admiral decided not to wait for her turn)?
No because that is part of the action on the Shipyard space. The rules for the evacuation icon does not allow it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: 3.141 592 653 589 793 238 462 643 383 279 502 884 197 169 399 375 105 820 974 944 592 307 816 406 286 208 998 628 034 825 342 117 067 982 148 086 513 282 306 647 093 844 609 550 582 231 725 359 408 128 481 117 450 284 102 701 938 521 105 559 644 ...Microbadge: The Lord of the Rings fanMicrobadge: GayMicrobadge: Eldritch Horror fanMicrobadge: Battlestar Galactica fan
1: Yes, cylons ignore NEGATIVE effects on crisis cards (except Resistance Bombing), but drawing treachery cards is not a negative. They never have to discard cards, and they still get to draw treachery regardless. Check out page 7 of Pegasus rules, the example in particular.

2: I think that Scar would stay there. The intention seems to be that cylon ships aren't cleared from the board when you reach New Caprica. The rules mention destination cards because that is typically the only reason that cylon ships will be on the board after a jump.

3: I would say as many as you want.

4: No, evacuating New Caprica is part of the text of the shipyard location. The evacuation icon on crisis cards is totally separate. If you want to leave New Caprica via the shipyard, you MUST spend an Action to do it, as the location says.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I love all games!Microbadge: Rickcon 2012 AttendeeMicrobadge: RainbowMicrobadge: Disc Golf fanMicrobadge: Golden Meeple
I'd love to hear an official answer on the Mining Asteroid to reach New Caprica question. It seems very unclear to me...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cactus god
United States
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Battlestar Galactica fanMicrobadge: Battlestar Galactica - I am a CylonMicrobadge: Adventures Gamers fanMicrobadge: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots fanMicrobadge: Merlin's Company Contest participant
coolpapa wrote:
I'd love to hear an official answer on the Mining Asteroid to reach New Caprica question. It seems very unclear to me...
I think it's clear that Mining Asteroid makes you search for scar, play it, and then keep everything on the board. It, for me, counts as a destination card placing troops. Until I hear otherwise thats probably how we'll continue to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
A trial needs witnesses and evidence not a coverup.
Microbadge: Tactical Space Combat Games fanMicrobadge: Star Trek fanMicrobadge: Proud GrandparentMicrobadge: Star Trek: Ascendancy fanMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars Fan
Twekkie wrote:
3. Would the fact that Maximum Firepower is an Action skill card cause it to be allowed to be used only once ?
In this case you are not playing the card for its action. The new Caprica Board says you can discard a Maximum Firepower card to reroll the attack on an occupation force. No limit is mentioned so I think you can keep discarding and rerolling the attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls