John Clark
United States
Clay
New York
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Level 01 BGG posterMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
Two questions came up in our most recent game:

1. During the New Caprica phase, after Galatica returned, a revealed cylon played his super crisis which called for civilian ships to be placed on the board. Are these ships placed? If so, from where? The locked ships stack, or prepared ships stack?

2. During the New Caprica phase, after Galactica returned, the president played the Arrest Order quorum card. Does the target go to the brig, or to detention? Does it depend on the president's location, or the target's location, or neither?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Corbin
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Georgia Institute of TechnologyMicrobadge: LibertyMicrobadge: Hanabi fanMicrobadge: The Crew: The Quest For Planet 9 fanMicrobadge: Great Western Trail fan
Carl Ramrod wrote:
Two questions came up in our most recent game:

1. During the New Caprica phase, after Galatica returned, a revealed cylon played his super crisis which called for civilian ships to be placed on the board. Are these ships placed? If so, from where? The locked ships stack, or prepared ships stack?
They are not placed. All your ships are in play, and like any such shortage during the game, you can't place them twice.

Carl Ramrod wrote:

2. During the New Caprica phase, after Galactica returned, the president played the Arrest Order quorum card. Does the target go to the brig, or to detention? Does it depend on the president's location, or the target's location, or neither?
Hmmm. A good question. I don't think it's covered in the rules directly, but I think I'd argue for basing it on the target's current location (i.e., the closest jail).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
A trial needs witnesses and evidence not a coverup.
Microbadge: Tactical Space Combat Games fanMicrobadge: Star Trek fanMicrobadge: Proud GrandparentMicrobadge: Star Trek: Ascendancy fanMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars Fan
1. No ships would be placed due to component limitations. All civilian ships are either in play or have been destroyed and removed from the game.

2, It depends on the location of the character targeted by the action. From the Rulebook: Any effect that would send a character on a New Caprica location to the "Brig" sends them to "Detention" instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls